ALE 47 programs

oldpop

Found you can "pre set" each mode in the ALE47 in the file displayed in att'ed!:)

Will the change remain after a DCS update? If not, you may want to manage your change(s) through using OvGME. That is what I use to manage changes like this one.

Drac

The A10C holds nearly double the CMS though. The F15C also holds a lot more. Is this a Navy thing?? Where the plane doesnt hold as much due to operational needs? Or is it just a design thing for the 18C?

..how many does the 14B hold....

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

The A10C holds nearly double the CMS though. The F15C also holds a lot more. Is this a Navy thing?? Where the plane doesnt hold as much due to operational needs? Or is it just a design thing for the 18C?

..how many does the 14B hold....

IRL they have half sized cartridges for each slot in the buckets, we just don't have them in DCSW yet. After they're implemented we'll be able to carry twice as many CMs.

The Tomcat originally only had two buckets as well but later on they started using a modified glove Aim-9 rail to hold additional flares, and then they created a chaff launcher that can be fitted to a phoenix pylon in place of a missile.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

IRL they have half sized cartridges for each slot in the buckets, we just don't have them in DCSW yet. After they're implemented we'll be able to carry twice as many CMs.

This is only true for flares. Navy jets use chaff and flare cartridges that are the same size while the Air Force uses flare cartridges that are twice the size of a chaff cartridge. DCS right now only speaks in Air Force cartridges so flares take up twice the space as chaff. Once that's changed, the Hornet will effectively get double the number of flares, but chaff will stay the same.

The Hornet can carry 120 countermeasures total, split up evenly we'll be able to carry 60 chaff and 60 flares. I'm not sure if the Gen-X countermeasures occupy a single slot as well.

The Tomcat originally only had two buckets as well but later on they started using a modified glove Aim-9 rail to hold additional flares

Not quite - the Tomcat has 2 buckets for up to 60 chaffs or flares. The LAU-138 Sidewinder launcher carries another 160 chaff bundles per launcher.

Found you can "pre set" each mode in the ALE47 in the file displayed in att'ed!:)

Indeed you can, have been doing it for quite some time now.

Also, to make sure it works properly, do not use the Editor, but something like Notepad++

Good advice, Notepad++ is the way to go when changing .lua files (or others).

Will the change remain after a DCS update?

No, anytime there is a repair or update performed, it will overwrite changes to this file (or others).

I have copied the parameters for the F/A-18C and the A10C, so I can quickly replace the originals when a repair/update has been performed.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

you don't need copies, DCS doesn't overwrite the files. It moves them to a backup folder...

Yeah, and I clear those after each update as well, along with the download/torrent folders as it is wasted space. When it moves them to backup, it is the same thing as me having them as a "copied file" - so nothing of benefit there. Works just fine.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Indeed you can, have been doing it for quite some time now.

Good advice, Notepad++ is the way to go when changing .lua files (or others).

No, anytime there is a repair or update performed, it will overwrite changes to this file (or others).

I have copied the parameters for the F/A-18C and the A10C, so I can quickly replace the originals when a repair/update has been performed.

Cheers,

Don

Roger that...Thus the reason I use OvGME to manage my ALE 47 profiles. I find it much easier for me. I use to do the save and replace after DCS updates. :thumbup: