Need help actioning update 2.5.6

Hi

I can't seem to get my standalone 2.5.5 to update to 2.5.6

I've tried command prompt as in this tutorial https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+update+dcs+standalone&oq=how+to+update+dcs+standalone&aqs=chrome..69i57.8791j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_uGRLXvb0ENLgrQG7365Y23

But that only resulted in a message that said my DCS was up to date.

Help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Try downloading and running Skatezilla's update utility

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

This may help

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Flit,

Try the one I show here where you just add a .bat file to the install location.

The files found here at the bottom of the the support site.

Many different ways lol.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks David. I tried that process ...and it may have helped. I ended up spending some more time with the the Skate Zilla updater ... and that seems to have allowed an update.

However, the result is very fragile software and CTD after a minute or so. I read this is common and I guess I'll await another patch.

EDIT: Actually, it's fine. Thanks for suggestions. Appreciated.

Edited by Flit