Anything new that resembles the CH Quadrant?

Looking through all the manufacturer sub-forums, I only see modern jet re-creation efforts. Does anyone know if anyone is looking to put out a modern version of something like the CH Throttle Quadrant? I have one mounted next to the Warthog throttle, and the sliders are essential for WWII aircraft. 2 levers for trim, 2 for engine control (RPM and prop pitch), and 2 for rads (water and oil.)

Works well, but after nearly a decade one of the lever pots is getting flaky. Easy enough to grab another one, but I'd really like something in metal that's a bit more aesthetic.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I have no first-hand experience with the CH quadrant, but the Saitek Pro Flight appears to be a close cousin. It's marketed more toward civil aviation simming, so I doubt it's attracted many DCS pilots.

It doesn't sounds like you want to part with your Warthog throttle, but the latest Virpil throttle (T50CM2) has four rotary encoders (two on base, two on handles) a slider on the handle and a "flaps lever" on the base. And if you fly WWII aircraft, its lack of afterburner detents probably wouldn't be an issue. Best of luck in your search!

GVL224's custom option might be cheaper, but that Honeycomb unit looks amazing. Also found the TQ6 Plus. If the Honeycomb isn't 4 figures I'll wait to see reviews of it before committing. Thanks!!

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

hi, the saitek, actually logitec, TQs are certainly not superior in quality, at least the ones i got several years ago, but their big plus is their versatility. you can switch the throttle lever caps, and also get some mods to allow for accurate layouts of all sorts of airplanes, from piston over turboprop to big jet. you'll need 2 of them in order to make use of all these options. they're around €60 each currently at amazon.

hope that helps, cheers

HiLok

GVL224's custom option might be cheaper, but that Honeycomb unit looks amazing. Also found the TQ6 Plus. If the Honeycomb isn't 4 figures I'll wait to see reviews of it before committing. Thanks!!

A few places have it for preorder and it seems to be about ~200 euros, so very reasonable price. It is ABS plastic however, so not metal like you wanted.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

A few places have it for preorder and it seems to be about ~200 euros, so very reasonable price. It is ABS plastic however, so not metal like you wanted.

Excellent - that's the one then. The TQ6+ is metal and beautiful, but over 650 euros. As long as the ABS plastic and lever presentation looks good in black (and it looks great in the pics) then I'm happy. The CH Quadrant is a great piece of kit, especially for the money - long lasting and very functional. But the presentation (color, surface texture, etc) makes one thing it should have 'Fisher Price' on it somewhere. Just out of place compared to the Warthog, VKB, and Slaw equipment.

I must say, that flyhoneycomb throttle quadrant looks very nice for civilian fixed wing but one thing puts me off. When the throttles are all full advanced (especially commercial handles), your access to the 8 buttons and the autopilot panel directly behind them seems pretty badly hampered. I guess you don't usually fly with throttles full advanced but it just looks awkward to me, having to reach behind the levers to get at the buttons and panel.

23820337_BravoThrottleQuad.thumb.jpg.d521eca6125282560a4e3f483696c4ab.jpg

Yeah, if you used it for a throttle that does look somewhat awkward. For my application, though, the levers aren't often all firewalled, as I'm using them for everything but throttle (the WH throttle handles that job.)

hi, the saitek, actually logitec, TQs are certainly not superior in quality, at least the ones i got several years ago, but their big plus is their versatility. you can switch the throttle lever caps, and also get some mods to allow for accurate layouts of all sorts of airplanes, from piston over turboprop to big jet. you'll need 2 of them in order to make use of all these options. they're around €60 each currently at amazon.

hope that helps, cheers

HiLok

Yea, I heard similar. One guy took his apart to clean up the contacts in his quadrant, posted it to youtube. But they are cheap to buy.

One option might be to simply replace the pots on the CH unit and carry on. Or, to see if rel4y in the CH sub forum here thinks his CH upgrades might fit the quadrant. His upgrade takes it to massively improved precision (as much as 14,000 steps registered) and should last a long time as it's contactless too. Maybe you could try/test it for him.

Try here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250644&page=10