DCS Waypoint Editor

grant977

• 7 months later...
I use this app frequently with patch .55960 and it functions flawlessly. Make sure to use the most recent version.

No joy for me using 55960 OB and latest version of this app 1.0.0b1. Never captures anything from the map or it gives a map error, using either the FA18 or A10-CII.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

No joy for me using 55960 OB and latest version of this app 1.0.0b1. Never captures anything from the map or it gives a map error, using either the FA18 or A10-CII.

Well, my post above referred only to the function of entering WP and target coordinates in the cockpit. I have never tested the map capture functions.

Well, my post above referred only to the function of entering WP and target coordinates in the cockpit. I have never tested the map capture functions.

Understood, it does rarely capture however when I hit "send to aircraft" it just hangs too. Shame as it would save a stack of time especially in the A10

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

It seems the issue is already raised (#41) and no response to any of the other issues since around April unfortuantely....

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

u guys know where the saved profiles are actually saved?   updated to v0.9.9B2 and lost my profiles in the process 😭

Profiles stored in file:  DCS WP Editor\profiles_new.db. File is not editable with common text editor, but is compatible with new versions if you have saved the file.

1 hour ago, Habu_69 said:

Profiles stored in file:  DCS WP Editor\profiles_new.db. File is not editable with common text editor, but is compatible with new versions if you have saved the file.

👍

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a trouble with key bindings. I'm really not sure what the problem is, but when the DCS Waypoint Editor window has focus, I can toggle capture. However, when I'm in DCS, the keyboard will not longer trigger the capture.

Edited by RSharpe

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After much experimentation I have determined how Santi's very useful tool can be made to sequentially and automatically add waypoints, including elevation, to a Waypoint Editor profile:

During Waypoint Editor setup you can assign hotkeys to Capture and Quick Capture; however, the Quick Capture hotkey feature appears non-functioning.

Make sure your F10 map is in DD MM SS.ss or MGRS coordinate format. You may cycle coordinate formats with LAlt+LCTL+y.

Capture from DCS F10 map

Mouse-click in the DCS F10 map and hover your mouse over your desired position

Press the key you bound to F10 map capture during first time setup. The capture success will be indicated in the capture status textbox.

(Optional) Assign a name to the waypoint.

Click Add to add the waypoint to the end of the profile active waypoint list.

F10 map Quick Capture
Toggle Quick Capture on/off by clicking the WP Editor GUI button. It works in a similar way to regular coordinates capturing, except:
    1. Profile must include one WP, and a profile WP item must be highlighted by mouse-click before starting Quick Capture.
    2. QC will automatically add a waypoint to the end of the profile WP list every time the F10 map capture keybind is pressed.

Edited by Habu_69

On 3/30/2021 at 3:21 PM, RSharpe said:

I'm having a trouble with key bindings. I'm really not sure what the problem is, but when the DCS Waypoint Editor window has focus, I can toggle capture. However, when I'm in DCS, the keyboard will not longer trigger the capture.

Run as administrator...

new release beta https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor/releases/tag/v1.0.0b1

Edited by BATCARLO

• 6 months later...

Broken with latest release... In AV8B the UFC switches automatically to Eastern entry after inputting Northern coordinates... no need to to press the key for that.

Anyway we can easily fix that in DCS waypoint editor? 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I have used Waypoint Editor with Hornet for a couple of years. Functions well, with 2 caveats. the Quick Capture hot key does not work (the GUI button does work) and waypoints can not be captured in ocean areas. Ocean area waypoints must be entered into the GUI manually. The hot key for Capture From F10 Map does work, as well. I have also used The Way program. It works as advertised, but lacks the pre-programmed weapoin target feature of Waypoint Editor.

The Waypoint Editor developer, Santi__, seems to have abandoned this work. I initiated a couple of Github issues and attempted to contact him with no joy.

Edited by Habu_69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...