Oculus Dash overlays stopped working after 2.5.6

shdwp

You know that feature of Dash where you can pin the overlay it will show in games and such?

As soon as I switch to DCS from the Dash overlays disappear after a second in DCS.

As a matter of fact every Oculus overlay is not showing, even debug ones (like performance stats).

Is this something that is going to be fixed? I had a workflow where I pin the guides to the top of my canopy so I can reference them during the flight.

I had similar problems with Oculus Tray Tool, HUD info didn't show up after 2.5.6 update. Disabling Game Mode in Windows settings helpded, weird.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

AFAIK Dash overlay whilst in the game requires depth buffering which DCS currently does not do.

What am I missing? I was not aware it ever worked in DCS?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I had the oculus debug whatsit running the other week. Had the HUD showing in the rift s to check hz when making changes but with the 2.5.6 update it gone.

Does anyone else use something else that works in rift s? I believe the steam vr one doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the oculus debug whatsit running the other week. Had the HUD showing in the rift s to check hz when making changes but with the 2.5.6 update it gone.

Does anyone else use something else that works in rift s? I believe the steam vr one doesn’t.

I was referring to the OP, in having the Dash overlay in the game.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Already got windows game mode disabled. No joy.

Can we swap pc’s?? Lol.

Actually i have this problem again, it came back after pc reboot :D I really don't know why this works randomly.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Oculus Dash overlays stopped working after 2.5.6

I was referring to the OP, in having the Dash overlay in the game.

And I was referring to the oculus debug whatsit that shows the hz and performance headroom blah...was showing but since 2.5.6 isn’t....like the OP mentioned. ;)

I cannot confirm or deny that dash worked.....OP implies it did by the title.

I was asking a question. :)

Edited by sunwukong