Great Campaigns.....but (F5 BFM, ACM, F18 BFM, F15 BFM)

btaft

I own and have played through all of your campaigns with the exception of the F18 BFM. I have found them all exceptionally well done. The only caveat I have has to do with the paddock at Nellis for the BFM/ACM campaigns. As a VR user with a decent system (9900K @ 5 GHz with a 2080ti) the performance at Nellis is horrible in these campaigns. By horrible I am talking about single digit frame rates (most recently with the F18 BFM). In contrast I get 45 fps in the core part of the missions (and other missions for that matter in all of the other terrains). Even the f18 ready on the ramp quick start mission at nellis is better (45 fps)

In doing a little testing the biggest culprit appears to be the high density of static aircraft in the aggressor paddock with the ones having the most impact "seeming" to be the ones that are the same type of fighter that the player is flying. I get why they are there...ie add atmosphere and increase immersion. There is nothing immersive about 7 fps :)

Would it be possible to have an option (via F10) that "thins out" the number of static aircraft at Nellis for these campaigns, in particular the ones that are the same plane as the players plane. I know other campaign developers have taken similar steps. ie. One of the WW2 campaign developers has done something along these lines that thins out the density of B-17 bomber groups for some of their missions at the players request.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this request

Thanks,

Brett

We reviewed the missions and removed some of the non-flying units and replaced them with statics and got a very nice FPS bump on our old test system (running a GTX780).

We still have some testing to do on our higher end rig but I expect we will have updates ready for all the campaigns by the next patch release.

• Thanks 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

..I expect we will have updates ready for all the campaigns by the next patch release.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this issue, as my PC is on the low end for VR ... I own all of your Campaigns, but played them on 2D only, as I added VR to my rig recently (on 2018 ). After your update, I will revisit them using VR :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Rudel_chw,

It's not a huge increase to set expectations. If you already have problems with NTTR on the ramp then these changes won't help much.

We went from a single digit slide show to high teens and twenties on startup (this is with the GTX780). Once airborne and away from Vegas frames were much better.

Certainly an improvement but as been said many times - your mileage may vary.

We also took the opportunity to update the models for the FA-18C, F-16C and F-14.

Additionally we renamed our Saved Games DCS.openbeta folder and let it create a brand new one. This also resulted in some fps gains.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear it! :thumbup:

We experimented with different parking positions and settled on the new position as the best for fps.

ED is still working on the overall fps issue so when that is corrected it should help even more.

We are not sure how it would behave on different systems so please continue to report if you encounter any other issues.