COMM 2 RADIO mislabled as ARC-222

JAG28

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We are still looking for actual evidence of the ARC-210 being used in 2007 on a blk50 viper, your above evidence shows it was requested for modification in 2007 which is a step in the right direction for sure. If anyone has any other evidence please feel free to PM me I can add it to my report.

thanks

The first link about the Hill AFB Sqn literally states they deployed in August 2007 with the new ARC-210 radio. The second link also clearly states that in 2007 they were putting ARC-210’s on the jets at Shaw AFB. Additionally the quote also states they started installation in FY06 which starts in September 2005

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

guys I know what I have said, we require more evidence, its that simple, like it or not. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Just now, FoxOne007 said:

I feel like we have provided a lot of evidence now. It’s dead clear it was there in 2007 and still is there

No so far it is not enough, I will feedback to the team on monday what I have, they will decide. 

If I can get more evidence I will also add it. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

No so far it is not enough, I will feedback to the team on monday what I have, they will decide. 

If I can get more evidence I will also add it. 

Could you state what kind of extra evidence you are looking for, there is a mechanic that actually worked on the jet stating they were installing it ca. 2007. And then a press release from an airbase saying the same. How is that not good proof of it being installed back then?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1 minute ago, FoxOne007 said:

Could you state what kind of extra evidence you are looking for, there is a mechanic that actually worked on the jet stating they were installing it ca. 2007. And then a press release from an airbase saying the same. How is that not good proof of it being installed back then?

I am not going to get drawn into an argument with you, I have told you I am looking for more evidence, any evidence to support it, the more I get the better. If you dont understand that there is no point continuing. 

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

I am not going to get drawn into an argument with you, I have told you I am looking for more evidence, any evidence to support it, the more I get the better. If you dont understand that there is no point continuing. 

It was a genuine question, so I know what to look for when trying to get more evidence 

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1 minute ago, FoxOne007 said:

It was a genuine question, so I know what to look for when trying to get more evidence 

If anyone has a picture of a blk50 f-16 from 2007 with the radio it would be jackpot

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If anyone has a picture of a blk50 f-16 from 2007 with the radio it would be jackpot

So this is going to be difficult as there is no ARC-210 control head installed, it goes through the DED, but we’ll do our best

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As mentioned above, it won’t be possible to find an image on it as it’s integrated into the COMM header/DED and doesn’t have it’s own Control Head. So I can just post an image of the box that it looks like but that is just useless, and that box is somewhere in the belly of the jet.

what I was able to find is the following: 

Mark Fraker was a Chief Engineer on the F-16 between 2004-2007 where he helped integrate the UON of the ARC 210

A77D09F0-72D6-4CC5-BD40-90AF91F9E5B3.jpeg
from: https://daytonaero.com/wp-content/uploads/Fraker-Mark-03-18.pdf

Additionally I was able to find an approval from the Oklahoma senate for FY08 ( again starts Sept. 2007) of $6 million to integrate it on their ANG jets.

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/inhofe-highlights-importance-of-defense-bill

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

In addition can we have a sound signal when voice over voice occurred during transmit ?> right now if 2 pilots speak simultaneously they can not hear each other i think we must have a sound signal that someone tries to speak over the other voice when they transmit simultaneously 

2 hours ago, Geraki said:

In addition can we have a sound signal when voice over voice occurred during transmit ?> right now if 2 pilots speak simultaneously they can not hear each other i think we must have a sound signal that someone tries to speak over the other voice when they transmit simultaneously 

Does this happen in real life?  I'm seeking to understand, not splitting hairs.  

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• ED Team

Hi all, 

just to update you all on where we are with this, 

the ARC-222 is correct for our viper for the year we are simulating (F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007). The ARC-210 was being acquired and introduced but was more common later than the viper we are simulating. 

thank you

• Thanks 2