[RESOLVED]2.5.5+ Mission editor static naming stuck on "Ammo"

Pikey

I've seen the following.

if you select a static and place it, then name it anything, if you click away it renames itself to "Ammo". What's more, keep clicking on and off it, renames between "Ammo '001" and "Ammo".

If you put a second one down, you can call that anythign too, and it will renamie iself back to Ammo or Ammo #001 and if you keep clicking between the two they keep shuffling renaming themselves between Ammo, Ammo #001 and Ammo #002 incessantly.

Is this me or do I need a repair? Should be a quick check to verify.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It's not only You.

I've also checked on missions created and saved prior this patch - click on any static object with right name and it will start changing names to "ammo".

Intel Core i7-12700K CPU @ 3.61GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTC 3060TI, X-56 HOTAS, Triple TM MFD Cougar custom built LCD set, TrackIR 5,

Same here. This makes lot triggers not work even if they are refferred to "Ammo xxx" names. Also if You click on an abject called Ammo #1, then click to another, then u click back to the first one, this one has been renamed to "Ammo #xxx". Really weird

Edited by TBear

Heliports Bug

If you place the object "helipad single" or "FARP" from the category "heliports" that unit will have the name "Ammo". And there is no way of changing the name. Even after I do so and unclick the unit, once I click on it again it shows the name "Ammo" every time.

EDIT:

Looks like it's the issue with maybe all static objects. Just placed other objects and they all end up having the name "Ammo". Other units that are not static objects are fine.

JFRRZJJ.png

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

another post here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4223767#post4223767

and

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264585

Would be good to have this picked up. The impact to older missions saved as this version could be catastrophic if anyone uses a name via any scripting to identify something. As it is, making new missions you can no longer do anything with scripts that use prefixes to identify the static. Whilst names are somewhat an abstract convention and ME can change triggers based on the ID, for external scripting that collects groups and counts them according to a name convention you setup eg SET_STATIC:New():FilterPrefixes('Ammo') will now pickup all the statics and farps and give you nightmares. I'm sure Mist has a prefix tool. It completely wrecks some things.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

[ALREADY REPORTED]Static object bug.

Hi I don't know if this one has been reported yet.

Static object naming issue I found in Open beta 2.5.6. I created a video of it.

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

• ED Team

Already reported but thank you for your video

thread merged

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2