[FIXED] The old ground stabilize issue is back

J20Stronk

Description:

When in any AA mode (INTC, ACM/DFGT), locking onto a target in TWS, RWS, or VS to enter STT, DTT, or SAM causes the radar antenna to gimbal with respect to the plane's attitude, rather than ground-stabilized like most modern fighter aircraft.

In the attached replays, I was able to maintain a lock on the F-15 while beaming him upwards of 80-90 degrees left or right, so long as I kept him within 30 degrees horizontally relative to my plane's current attitude.

Details:

-Radar antenna becomes attitude stabilized when in STT, SAM or DTT.

-Antenna elevation stays at 0 when locked onto somebody, and Ground-Stabilized in the MFCD is set to NOR = Ground stabilized. (I tried pushing the MFCD button for it but nothing changes. Not implemented?)

-This occurs both in MP and SP.

-This only happens if you lock someone into SAM, STT, or DTT. Otherwise the radar is ground stabilized when you are not locked onto anything.

-HSD D/L contacts and antenna info also repeat this behavior, and will show incorrect polar position when locked on.

-This applies to both cold and hot starts.

To reproduce:

Simply lock an enemy in any INTC or ACM mode to enter STT, DTT, or SAM. the antenna will now be attitude-stabilized to the plane rather than ground-stabilized, even if Ground Stabilize MFCD button is NOR.

JF AA radar locked gimbal to attitude.trk

JF AA radar locked gimbal to attitude 2.trk

Edited by uboats

Description:

When in any AA mode (INTC, ACM/DFGT), locking onto a target in TWS, RWS, or VS to enter STT, DTT, or SAM causes the radar antenna to gimbal with respect to the plane's attitude, rather than ground-stabilized like most modern fighter aircraft.

In the attached replays, I was able to maintain a lock on the F-15 while beaming him upwards of 80-90 degrees left or right, so long as I kept him within 30 degrees horizontally relative to my plane's current attitude.

Details:

-Radar antenna becomes attitude stabilized when in STT, SAM or DTT.

-Antenna elevation stays at 0 when locked onto somebody, and Ground-Stabilized in the MFCD is set to NOR = Ground stabilized. (I tried pushing the MFCD button for it but nothing changes. Not implemented?)

-This occurs both in MP and SP.

-This only happens if you lock someone into SAM, STT, or DTT. Otherwise the radar is ground stabilized when you are not locked onto anything.

-HSD D/L contacts and antenna info also repeat this behavior, and will show incorrect polar position when locked on.

-This applies to both cold and hot starts.

To reproduce:

Simply lock an enemy in any INTC or ACM mode to enter STT, DTT, or SAM. the antenna will now be attitude-stabilized to the plane rather than ground-stabilized, even if Ground Stabilize MFCD button is NOR.

I will post two captured video of F-18C and JF-17 Radars in order to recognize the JF-17 antenna leveling issue. The same problem was faced by F-18C and M-2000C at early stages.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

I don't know mate

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 1 month later...

Yep, I'm having this problem as well.

Anyone can replicate this bug very easily—fly straight and level, lock up any available target, do an aileron roll in either direction and watch your lock break.

This appears to be happening to everyone, not just me and the OP. Every person I've discussed this issue with has also experienced it (nearly 15 people now).

This is a hugely significant bug, one that myself and others consider to be a game-breaking bug for the JF-17. It simply cannot be used reliably for air-to-air engagements in MP on the current 2.5.6 patch. Worse still, many of the MP servers have already switched to 2.5.6 and so this prevents us from simply rolling back to 2.5.5 or stable and using that until a fix is ready.

If additional logs/tracks are needed I've got some to contribute, but this is a pretty clear and obvious bug that is easily reproduced in-game.

Also happens when not locked on to anything, and I belive this is why the TDC altituded readings are messed up.

If you pitch up say 5 degrees, the antenna pitches below the indicated scan area by 5 degrees, and displays targets below the TDC limit.

Pitch down 5 degrees, and the antenna moves up 5 degrees above the incated scan zone.

Bank 90 deg. left or right, and all targets disappear. the antenna actually starts scanning vertically, since it's attitude stabilized with the plane.

Bank 45 degrees, and it's scanning 45 degrees diagonally... you get the picture.

None of these changes are reflected by the TDC.

Yeah I also noticed it’s impossible to maintain a lock in a dogfight on someone’s six, it’s pretty consistent where I go in for guns and after a bit lock is lost, then HA does it’s thing again and I end up hearing LOCK LOCK LOCK every 15 seconds or so.

I also noticed that in STT, when pitching up on a level target the radar elevation on the MFCD is shown going up, where I would expect it to go down, the problem being I never really looked at the manual antenna elevation indicator that closely before so I can’t really know if that’s wrong or not. Pitch down on a level STT target far away and the antenna elevation indicator moves down. I’ll record a track as soon as I can

I noticed that TWS always has scan elevation off, but RWS is always spot on. Maybe I’m just doing 15 degrees and 4 bars too much, will record

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I hope the developer responsible for radar development is feeling better now. This is quite a significant bug which seriously impacts the jet’s usefulness at the moment.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

It wasn’t that he is sick, it’s that he can’t travel to his work PC because of Corona virus and has to make do with his laptop https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=262371. It doesn’t sound like he is actually sick, just travel restrictions to fight the virus.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Glad to hear he is not sick. For now we wait and see how long this will take. More time to try out all the new hornet features in the meantime.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

• 2 weeks later...

This MP-breaking bug is still present after 4 failed 2.5.6 patches.

Tested in MP on latest patch 2.5.6.44266.

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

I'm trying to be patient with this, but I just bought this module specifically for air-to-air ops in PvP barely 2 weeks before the disastrous 2.5.6 update came out and broke the radar. I'm a bit miffed about paying full price after consciously holding out on buying the JF-17 to ensure that any module-breaking bugs like this were ironed out before committing myself, only to have this happen and then get left in the dark as to when a solution might be expected.

Is progress being made, or should we just expect minor tweaks to the LD-10's warhead and other such trivial updates which offer little to no tangible benefit to the core functions of the module?

Just a bit of communication would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(And before some thoughtful genius chimes in, no, rolling back to 2.5.5 is not a practical solution because all the PvP servers worth flying on are running 2.5.6 now.)

This MP-breaking bug is still present after 4 failed 2.5.6 patches.

Tested in MP on latest patch 2.5.6.44266.

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

I'm trying to be patient with this, but I just bought this module specifically for air-to-air ops in PvP barely 2 weeks before the disastrous 2.5.6 update came out and broke the radar. I'm a bit miffed about paying full price after consciously holding out on buying the JF-17 to ensure that any module-breaking bugs like this were ironed out before committing myself, only to have this happen and then get left in the dark as to when a solution might be expected.

Is progress being made, or should we just expect minor tweaks to the LD-10's warhead and other such trivial updates which offer little to no tangible benefit to the core functions of the module?

Just a bit of communication would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(And before some thoughtful genius chimes in, no, rolling back to 2.5.5 is not a practical solution because all the PvP servers worth flying on are running 2.5.6 now.)

our radar programmer returns to work on it now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

another Question is urgent to ask to know if this is a bug or not i faced so many people talking about that JF-17 in the air effect their datalink i wasn't sure about that until i flied J-11a in blueflag and To be honest targets was disappearing on my Datalink and reappearing over and over and over sometimes they disappear for a long time

another Question is urgent to ask to know if this is a bug or not i faced so many people talking about that JF-17 in the air effect their datalink i wasn't sure about that until i flied J-11a in blueflag and To be honest targets was disappearing on my Datalink and reappearing over and over and over sometimes they disappear for a long time

If DL contacts start flashing rapidly and you are not the MASTER ship, it means you are losing/lost connection to the DL MASTER ship. You must switch to MAST from SLAV and reconnect.

our radar programmer returns to work on it now.

Good news, indeed! And glad to hear your programmer is ok. Looking forward to this radar thing getting fixed as it can get pretty annoying sometimes. I hope it is not too hard to locate and fix. Keep it up, guys! :thumbup:

If DL contacts start flashing rapidly and you are not the MASTER ship, it means you are losing/lost connection to the DL MASTER ship. You must switch to MAST from SLAV and reconnect.

i am not talking about JF-17 i am talking about any aircraft flying around JF-17