this site is driving me NUTS!!!

Flyby

OK. Deep breath. Here goes. I've written to the webmaster twice now with no reply, so I think I need divine intervention. Here's my problem. It's a logon issue. I come to this website nearly every day, making the rounds. This is one of the few sites that never seems to remember me, meaning I have to log on with each visit even though I check the remember me box. What's worse is, after I've logged on, I will sometimes have to log on again if I want to either start a new thread, or reply to one. Several times I haev written replies after logging on, then clicked the "submit" button only to be prompted to log on again! What's worse still is that when I log on again I find that my reply has vanished into the ether!!:mad::mad::mad: No, it's not my firewall. I go to SimHq, I go the Lockon/English forums, Firing Squad, Netwings, NASIOC, and other sites where I am properly remembered, but not here.

I smell a conspiracy to deprive me of my last wit, and to aggravate my last nerve! Am I the only one having this problem?:furious:

Somebody HELP ME PLEASE!!

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

say it ain't so!

So you guys are saying that I am the only one having this problem? Aw man...:( That just proves my conspiracy theory. "you scream and you holler...til your back gets soaking wet!"

BTW, I said this was one of the few sites not to remember me. That's not quite true. This is the only site that does not remember me. But I am not deterred. This is a great site for satisfying my Black Shark jones, and I'm glad it's here. I hope the problem gets solved somehow, but even if it doesn't, I remain a loyal site fan. I'd be less than honest here if I didn't express the good and the bad as I saw it. I'll save that act for the wife!:megalol: shhhhhhh... don't tell her. I've switched to Olympic-grade sucking up so I can get a new pc upgrade.:pilotfly:

Flyby out

ps: hey Dostoevski let me say hello neighbor! SW Ohio here. I used to be stationed at Grissom AFB, south of Peru, in the early 70s. Man, I did not enjoy walking on those floating roofs of the fuel storage tanks to "stick" them, and it once got so cold (-52 wind chill) that the base shut down most operations. Ahhh... fond memories :)

I had this issue as well, if you have Firefox go to Tools -> Options, then the Privacy tab, then 'Show cookies'

In the search field (below all the cookies) type: digitalcombatsimulator, and delete ALL the cookies that show up.

After that go to the forum and log in with 'Remember me', after that there will be no problems with staying logged in.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I'm using IE7

I had this issue as well, if you have Firefox go to Tools -> Options, then the Privacy tab, then 'Show cookies'

In the search field (below all the cookies) type: digitalcombatsimulator, and delete ALL the cookies that show up.

After that go to the forum and log in with 'Remember me', after that there will be no problems with staying logged in.

Thanks FF,

But I'll try that and will see what happens. Maybe it aint a conspiracy after all. :P

Flyby out

OK I tried FF's idea, and have to call no joy. I still have to log in, still am not remembered. Back to the conspiracy theory. :(

Flyby out

PS I know it must be something simple. I hope the webmaster replies to my SOS soon.

Yeah, I had the problem too, both at work (IE) and at home (FF), don't know why but now it just works... I was logged out after only a few minutes before... now I stay logged on.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

If you're using Firefox, you can tell it to fill in the user name and password automatically. all you have to do is push "Log On"

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Here and at lockon.ru forum, I have to refill the logon area only when I use some antispywaretools (Adaware or Spybot S&D) from time to time and they report (usualy) only tracking cookies and I like a fool, forget to make the exeption for the sites I frequently log on via such things. Anyway I do just once and all is back to normal.

I am using Opera Browser which also has a neat "magic wand" button which remembers the username and password (even multiple ones like when say, two members of the same family use the same PC and OS account to log on to Yahoomail with their different accounts and they trust eachother ;) ) so if a site fails to remember my log on details by its cookies I just press that button once and I'm in... I don't even need to look where the log on area is :D .

One of the "bad sites" that fails the autologon thingie is our "draconis 13th forums" :megalol:

So.. Try Opera Browser, is a Mozilla on steroids... for people that can say... "Hasta la Vista MS!" :D

P.S. Do you happen to use some AntySpyWare resident tools?? Or a Antivirus program that features such a modul?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

S~ Zaelu,

As I live and breathe I swear to put that crack pipe down for good!! By email I was notified of your reply. So I follow the notification link to here, andI see I am now logged on! I go to the general discussion and find I am still logged on! I come back to this thread and I am still logged on even as I write this reply. :D I don't know what happened, but it seems I'm now good to go!

You brought me good luck Zaelu! The D13-th was always good to me. ;)

Flyby out

PS I didn't even have to log on after hitting the submit button!Whhhooooooooo-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:megalol:

When a computer related problem disapear by "magic" I immediately start preparing for it's next show up :P .

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

watch it!

:megalol:

When a computer related problem disapear by "magic" I immediately start preparing for it's next show up :P .

S!

Don't jinx me, Z!:P

Flyby

No probs here.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Try Opera Browser, is a Mozilla on steroids... for people that can say... "Hasta la Vista MS!" :D

I never use it but decided to give it a try. Wow...ya shoulda mentioned the speed dial feature. :D Sadly, I feel like a cheating husband. Sorry Firefox. :(

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

No - I stay logged on here & the browser remembers my username/password when I come back to the site

BUT

This stopped working at LockOn.ru once it started working here - maybe it isn't possible to have both working at the same time ?

Cheers.

Well there is that thing about windows or IE not liking the security certificate of LOMAC's website and I suppose this one too. I had freaking nightmare of a time trying to login to this forum. After I emailed the webmaster and someone confirmed the password was same as the LOMAC site I could log in.

This happened to me along time ago with the LOMAC site. I could not log in several times and then all of the sudden....boom im logged in. I also sent a note to the webmaster to double check things. I triple checked, was not drinking either....very strange.

I got sick of keeping a word document updated with all my usernames and passwords for various websites and things. So when I was checking out a PC mag, I noticed they were doing a review of must need programs on your computer. Thats when I tried Roboform. There are others out there, So far been using for about a year. I wont go back to the old way, I just have way too much power to use lol.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/