Sky´s F/A-18C Simpit

SkyJunky

Two new pictures after a long time. These two pictures show the state of my left console. All parts were simply put together. The final assembly of all parts takes place later. Building all of the backlight circuit boards is the next step, along with cable management for all of the switches. The parking brake lever and the landing gear lever were completed by me with all functions. The Jetteson Button is from Open Hornet.

Greetings Sky...

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hey all
i need help with embedding the UFC font in my code.
can someone tell me where to put the file and how to call it?

I have tried this now:
1) u8g2_fonts.c opened with notepad++.
2) copied the three lowest fonts (Hornet2-4) to a new file and saved it as hornet_fonts.h in the same folder as the arduino code
3) added #include "hornet_fonts.h" to the beginning of the arduino code
4) added display.setFont(&u8g2_DcsFontHornet2_tf); to the display-text code part

when compiling i always get this error message:
 fatal error: u8g2.h: No such file or directory
 #include "u8g2.h"
          ^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

the u8g2 library is installed.
can someone help me to find the error?
thanks in advance!

Edited by ghostrider432

• 3 months later...

Hi al!

First of all thank you to everyone who's shared code, designs, videos, tips and experiences in this thread!

I'm thinking about reproducing Sky's latest UFC design but with fewer Arduinos, by controlling all OLEDs via one SPI or i²c bus as shown here:

The first step for me was to reproduce running an i²c 128x32 OLED (the only one I currently have) with the custom UFC fonts that were shared earlier in this thread.

Since no previous comment included all necessary steps (and because it took me a few hours) I summarized it in this example project printing the custom Hornet UFC fonts using u8g2 on an i²c 128x32 OLED connected to an Arduino Uno:

https://github.com/michaelosthege/display-i2c-example

I hope this is useful for the next person on this endeavor 🙂

Edited by tc93
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello...

after a long time without cockpit building, my project is still alive. My job situation had not give me enough time for build my cockpit. But now it is again in building.

I have my before two years started left console now finished. Only the brake pressure gauge is not working, this is build in the future in plan.

All switches are wired and connected with my I/O Board. The switches can normal binded in DSC via key binding.

The next step is to rebuild the right console. The right console should also be converted to my I/O board for button mapping in DCS. The plan is to just connect all the gauges and the UFC to the DCS BIOS.

I hope I can more time spend in the next few month in the build and spend you more picture and news from my cockpit.

Cheers Sky

image.jpeg

IMG_8678.JPG

IMG_8679.JPG

IMG_8680.JPG

• Like 2