Brightness of exported MFDs (to dark)

KotPilot

Hi guys,

does anyone know why the brightness of exported mfds changes?

everything is normal in the exterior view with f2,f3,etc., but in the cockpit view the exported mfds become darker. so far I have only been able to change the brightness of the corresponding monitors, but that's not perfect either

does anyone know the problem or know a fix?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yep, it been like this in the Hornet for over 2 years. There were a load of threads a while ago that were all removed at the time when ED released a patch that seemed (from the patch notes) to have attempted to fix this.  It only affects some aircraft I understand.  

As a workaround a current solution is to use ReShade to increase the brightness DCS on your 2nd (3rd/4th) monitor.

• 5 months later...
Am 3.1.2022 um 13:07 schrieb Scaley:

Yep, it been like this in the Hornet for over 2 years. There were a load of threads a while ago that were all removed at the time when ED released a patch that seemed (from the patch notes) to have attempted to fix this.  It only affects some aircraft I understand.  

As a workaround a current solution is to use ReShade to increase the brightness DCS on your 2nd (3rd/4th) monitor.

Is ReShade able to do his magic ONLY on the 2nd screen or a part of the gamewindow?

5 hours ago, Chrischan said:

Is ReShade able to do his magic ONLY on the 2nd screen or a part of the gamewindow?

Yep, there is a masking function so you can have certain reshade layers (or all of them) only affect a portion of the rendered output. 

See here for a good write up of how to do it:

Edited by Scaley
  • Thanks 1