Skynet: An IADS for Mission Builders

Ok I'm an idiot , just reading through the initial documentation on the GitHub page for IADS and I'm curious, where it says

"There may be only be one SAM site per group. More than one SAM site per group will result in Skynet no being able to control a single SAM site. "

does that mean the group can only have one launcher in it or am I completely missing the point?

Thanks.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Badass1982:

Ok I'm an idiot , just reading through the initial documentation on the GitHub page for IADS and I'm curious, where it says

"There may be only be one SAM site per group. More than one SAM site per group will result in Skynet no being able to control a single SAM site. "

does that mean the group can only have one launcher in it or am I completely missing the point?

Thanks.

I think it just means that you can't put the units of two sam sites into the same group and try to treat them as two different sam sites. Makes probanly sense when looking at individual ships that are in the same group.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

I think it just means that you can't put the units of two sam sites into the same group and try to treat them as two different sam sites. Makes probanly sense when looking at individual ships that are in the same group.

Aha so I can basically still have as many launchers as I want in a site (I usually put 1 tracking radar 1 search radar and 1 ew radar in my sites)

7 minutes ago, Badass1982 said:

Aha so I can basically still have as many launchers as I want in a site (I usually put 1 tracking radar 1 search radar and 1 ew radar in my sites)

Exactly. Just have them included in one unit.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Sorry for sounding like the kid in a dunce cap, but Ive been trying to get this working 100% all day and I guess I'm just stupid but could someone breakdown the debug picture I attached to me please. It seems like a lot of my Sam sites are in autonm (which I gather is the mode where they use their own radars instead of the iads scripts functions) , I can upload the mission I'm using too if required (I didn't create it but I'm trying to add iads to clear field).

So I'm basically trying to find out what raddest and Autonm mean. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210703_173934.jpg

Operation Clear Field v123 CTLD IADS.miz

Edited by Badass1982
  • Like 1

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Badass1982:

So I'm basically trying to find out what raddest and Autonm mean. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210703_173934.jpg

Operation Clear Field v123 CTLD IADS.miz 1 MB · 0 Downloads

IIRC raddest means "radar destroyed". Autonm means, as you mentioned yourself, that the sams are in autonomous mode and act like the default DCS SAMs. I have not worked with connection nodes but it seems that you used them cause in the documentation it is written that if a connection node is destroyed or looses power, all SAMs attached to it loose contact to the IADS and can either be turned off or go into autonomous mode.

13 hours ago, Badass1982 said:

In that case ive definately set something up incorrectly because nothing has been killed as of yet. I guess this is what you get for trying to modify someone elses mission lol.

You need to have the radar as the first unit in the group. Only then can the script detect that the group has a radar and let IADS control it.

Edited by MrExplosion

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

On 7/4/2021 at 11:41 AM, Badass1982 said:

Pretty sure I have got it working correctly now, just curious how to integrated Sam sites work with IADS such as single unit ones that have the launcher and radar on the same unit.

I've named my manpads groups SA-24-1 and 2, and when you have the IADS grab all units with prefix "SA" those will be included. Same goes for Tunguska or other single unit SAM (TOR aswell), they get the SA prefix and are then included in the network when your mission specific script is ran at the mission start (whatever condition you set for that script to run)

From Skynet github: Every single launcher and radar unit's distance of a SAM site is analysed individually. If at least one launcher and radar is within range, the SAM Site will become active. This allows for a scattered placement of radar and launcher units as in real life.

2 hours ago, STS.Chunky said:

I've named my manpads groups SA-24-1 and 2, and when you have the IADS grab all units with prefix "SA" those will be included. Same goes for Tunguska or other single unit SAM (TOR aswell), they get the SA prefix and are then included in the network when your mission specific script is ran at the mission start (whatever condition you set for that script to run)

Oh this is interesting to know. I thought the required prefix for IADS to include a group in the script was SAM but of I'm understanding what you are saying Its just tbe SA you need??!

So if I name my Sam sites with the SAM prefix, but I name the manpads/single unit sam's with SA prefix they will all get picked up by the network (or am I way off?)

Thanks

Nevermind I just realized what u were saying , in the script your prefix is SA. Gotcha. Smart. (Mine is currently SAM and EW atm

Edited by Badass1982
  • Like 1

Well the way it works is as long as you name all your sam groups starting all by the same prefix AND that your script says to look for the prefix you put for all groups, it will work.

ie: the comment says this yet I've named all my SAM groups with prefix SA since it's what I told it to look for.

--add all groups begining with group name 'SAM' to the IADS:
redIADS:addSAMSitesByPrefix('SA')

Plz correct if im wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've just about got it all figured out aside from understanding how to get connection nodes and power sources to work properly. Could anyone good at this stuff take a look at a purely proof of concept ( marianas) mission i created and tell me if I got it all wrong ?? It seems the two AI blue planes survive much longer than they should in this mission.

Would be much appreciated if so I will upload in the am. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my buddy and I are having difficulty with Skynet this weekend. He had a mission it was working on and now it isn't, and I was creating a mission and it doesn't seem to be working. Debug shows it active but doesn't recognize any of the sites even though they have prefixes appropriately placed. Is there a challenge right now with the new version?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem too. No matter what I do I cannot get it to work anymore.

Looks like I had a bug in my *.lua for the iads setup. 

One question to the group, what is the lua code to add a node to the command center? Is it the same script as adding a node to a SAM or EWR?

Edited by ruxtmp

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 6:14 PM, ruxtmp said:

One question to the group, what is the lua code to add a node to the command center? Is it the same script as adding a node to a SAM or EWR?

Yes it is, see:

https://github.com/walder/Skynet-IADS#power-sources-and-connection-nodes

If you need further support join the discord group:

https://discord.gg/pz8wcQs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would really be great if the Skynet dev and the Electronic War Jamming Script 2.0 dev could make both scripts compatible with each other.

I am in the process of learning to script missions, particularly for the 1972 Vietnam Air War / 1973 Yom Kippur era where IADs and EW were used extensively.

SEAD would be a lot more interesting with both running together replicating the battle between radar operators leaving their radars off until needed and jammers trying to degrade them when the radars are turned on.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Thank you very much for the great mod! It is awesome!

Question about Command Centre: It says in the manual: "The command center represents the place where information is collected and analysed. It if is destroyed the IADS disintegrates."

Could I ask for clarification on how this "disintegration" would look like please? I am experimenting with small setup at the moment - one command centre (Command bunker static), one node( another static command bunker), 1 EW radar and SA2 and SA3 sites both with P19 as first unit and power plant static as power source. 

All appears to be working as it should. Destruction of Node results in sams and EW going dark (as I programmed in lua) same with the power plant destruction - all goes dark and stops working.

However when I destroy command centre (debug status shows Command Centre destroyed), all sams go autonomous but do not go dark like they did if I destroy comms node.

Is that working as intended what disintegration means in this context, or have I messed up programming it? If I understand correctly, it means the whole IADS system disappears and sams working as standard DCS AI?

Sorry if it is stupid question, I am quite new to Iads and mist scripting. 

Sorted. Found it in one the first lines of the manual... Looks like I'm too blind to fly... 😁

Thanks again for the great mod!

All the best to everyone!

Edited by HwSpring
tried to fix my bad gramma...

Hey Walder,

Will this MOD work with Skynet as an EW.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302681/

if not what can I do to make it work?

thanks in advance

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, flywaldair (Skynet dev.) said:

Hi Guys,

Update 01.07.2020

• Added a set up function to get SAM sites in to a red state at mission start -> redIADS:setupSAMSitesAndThenActivate()

Hi,

First, many thanks for your work, this is an amazing tool 👍🏻

Second, I'm beginner so maybe I missed something ? But it seems like this feature doesn't work anymore:

redIADS:setupSAMSitesAndThenActivate

Even if I put this line into the code after EWR and SAM setup, if I load the script at the beginning of the mission, the SAM won't setup.

I went to Discord, and I found a workaround: defining the SAM as "red state" in mission editor, and load the script after a delay of 1 minute.

That way the SAM sites will deploy antenna and shut down, and as expected, the reaction time from SAM site wake up to missile in the air is shorten.

If the script loading delay is too short, the deployment animation is just frozen (antennas will stop deployment half way for instance).

Thanks

Solved

When used "redIADS:setupSAMSitesAndThenActivate" must replace "redIADS:Activate"

😇

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi