Skynet: An IADS for Mission Builders

On 5/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, Fuelburner said:

Anyone knows how to defeat these hight digit SAM sites ?

Low level attack, turn your radar off, fly nap of the earth and drop a cbu105 or cbu 97 on top of them..Works fine with mk82 and other dumb bombs too, just make sure you hit the radars.

Ofc, depending on where it's placed it can be tricky but LOW level, 30 feet usually does the trick.

Edited by b0bl00i

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I recently tried updating to the newest version of the initial file. It broke my SKYNET - what do I need to be looking for to update it? It is all that changed, I just pointed DCS toward the file and then ran my configuration file after as always. I say that as it stopped giving the status output. Looking through the logfile just hasn't helped. 

EDIT:

I have it working fine now, BUT when I take the file onto a dedicated server I can pull up the header information for the name of the IADS but no further information comes up and the SAMS are all dark, the EW is dark. 

Sohar_Sozan_Skynet_Compiled5.9.lua

So after further tinkering I get a logfile that points to a problem with the command center. I used the exact text (copied it and added a hyphen in Command-Center):

local commandCenter = StaticObject.getByName("Command-Center")
redIADS:addCommandCenter(commandCenter)

and received this:

\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1910: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1910: in function 'isDestroyed'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1197: in function 'getUsableAbstractRadarElemtentsOfTable'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1403: in function 'isCommandCenterUsable'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2228: in function 'setToCorrectAutonomousState'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2213: in function 'informChildrenOfStateChange'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2164: in function 'addParentRadar'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1595: in function 'buildRadarCoverageForAbstractRadarElement'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1566: in function 'buildRadarCoverage'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1649: in function 'activate'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00001911.lua"]:82: in main chunk

This points to the compiled script which I haven't done anything to. Just loaded the file ahead of my file for setup. I have to comment it out for now but I'm still looking for a solution. 

Edited by Paladin1cd
Update

On 12/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Paladin1cd said:

Hello, I recently tried updating to the newest version of the initial file. It broke my SKYNET - what do I need to be looking for to update it? It is all that changed, I just pointed DCS toward the file and then ran my configuration file after as always. I say that as it stopped giving the status output. Looking through the logfile just hasn't helped. 

EDIT:

I have it working fine now, BUT when I take the file onto a dedicated server I can pull up the header information for the name of the IADS but no further information comes up and the SAMS are all dark, the EW is dark. 

Sohar_Sozan_Skynet_Compiled5.9.lua 4.72 kB · 0 downloads

So after further tinkering I get a logfile that points to a problem with the command center. I used the exact text (copied it and added a hyphen in Command-Center):

local commandCenter = StaticObject.getByName("Command-Center")
redIADS:addCommandCenter(commandCenter)

and received this:

\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1910: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1910: in function 'isDestroyed'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1197: in function 'getUsableAbstractRadarElemtentsOfTable'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1403: in function 'isCommandCenterUsable'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2228: in function 'setToCorrectAutonomousState'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2213: in function 'informChildrenOfStateChange'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:2164: in function 'addParentRadar'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1595: in function 'buildRadarCoverageForAbstractRadarElement'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1566: in function 'buildRadarCoverage'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00003C5D.lua"]:1649: in function 'activate'
    [string "C:\Users\ramey\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00001911.lua"]:82: in main chunk

This points to the compiled script which I haven't done anything to. Just loaded the file ahead of my file for setup. I have to comment it out for now but I'm still looking for a solution. 

I had the same issue yesterday, it took me an hour to realize that I had left out the - in command-center.  I was cussing myself lol.

I would suggest making sure both the group name and unit name are correct.  I typically name them both "Command-Center" just to make it easier on myself.  I would also go and check your "View Units List" in your mission editor and make sure nothing is named similar, you also might want to check your hidden units. 

If all else fails I would delete your command center and try replacing it. 

Hope this helps 

I tried all three.. I had a worry since it was a bunker from the SAM Asset Mod it was making it a problem, but no dice. The only part of the code I can find that is different is the hyphen because I copied and pasted it but I'm going to revisit it again this weekend. SMH. 

On 12/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, b0bl00i said:

Low level attack, turn your radar off, fly nap of the earth and drop a cbu105 or cbu 97 on top of them..Works fine with mk82 and other dumb bombs too, just make sure you hit the radars.

Ofc, depending on where it's placed it can be tricky but LOW level, 30 feet usually does the trick.

the jamming function of the script wont work with High Digit SAMs right?, it's only for the low tech SAMs?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

No matter what I do, I cannot get an SA-5 site to activate and launch beyond ~38-40nm. I even have the following code included:

redIADS:getSAMSiteByGroupName('SAM-SA-5'):setEngagementZone(SkynetIADSAbstractRadarElement.GO_LIVE_WHEN_IN_KILL_ZONE):setGoLiveRangeInPercent(150)   

Can anyone help?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anybody gotten CTLD spawned units to be detecyed by and work with Skynet, and would be willing to share the code.

I presently use the mist version of CTLD and (I believe skynet is using mist too), if anyone has got this working I would very much appreciate some pointers/code .

Thanks

Martin

Ok, so....

I'm trying to integrate Skynet with Moose. The moose connector mission from Skynet Github. seems to work fine, I can add in a blue AWACS, a couple of high digit SAMS and change the cap template to a MIG-29. All works really well. Then I save the mission as SomethingElse.miz

I can then:

Move the cap from Kutasi to Sukumi, add a second template, edit the lua to reference Sukumi_Babushira as the Airfield, and replace every Kutasi reference with Sukumi. (probably misspelled here, but I copy and paste it in the  mission editor), add the second template to the Sukimi Cap (A MIG-23)  move the border zone waypoints to something better, then save the LUA as SomtehingElse.lua.

I change the trigger at mission start to point to SomethingElse.lua and run it.

Things get weird. Either the CAP doesn't spawn, or IT SPAWNS AT KUTASI!!!!! - weird.

Any ideas what could be going wrong. I haven't figured out how to get a log file out of the mission yet...  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, Zboboinator said:

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your work, it is remarkable, 🙂

I wanted to know if it is planned to add the RADAR EWR of the mod SAM SITE ASSET PACK ?

thank you,

If you add the code below to skynet-iads-compiled.lua after line 443 at the end of the list of EWRs) you'll be able to use the generic radar towers. You can tweak teh HARM detection chance, but I've set it low on the basis that these aren't supposed to simulate military rara installations. 

['EWR Generic radar tower'] = {

['type'] = 'ewr',

['searchRadar'] = {

['name'] = {

['NATO'] = '',

},

},

},

['harm_detection_chance'] = 10

},  

Edited by Scaley

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have two problems with SAMs.

1. When I setup a group with SA3 they don't connect to the IADS. I put the SA3 radar as first unit, but in the debugging counter this site doesn't count as SAM.

2. And then I tried to setup a SA2 site, that it goes dark when it looses the connection node. But instead of going dark it goes autonomous. 

Does anybody know how to solve this?

is Skynet incompatible with SINAI?

2023-06-17 20:04:44.699 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main): --- SKYNET VERSION: 3.1.0 | BUILD TIME: 09.02.2023 1925Z ---
2023-06-17 20:04:49.912 ERROR   SCRIPTING (Main): Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:1871: attempt to index local 'dcsRepresentation' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:1871: in function 'create'
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:1978: in function 'create'
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:2120: in function 'create'
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:3045: in function 'create'
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000046AF.lua"]:1409: in function 'addCommandCenter'
	[string "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000055C4.lua"]:34: in main chunk

DISREGARD!

Note to myself: SAVE scripts and UPDATE triggers 😉

Edited by GrafRotz
need mo beer ^^

does someone have the nebos and the an117 set as EWR? i tried to do manually myself but it isnt working. It worked for the Generic radar tower but it doesnt work with the others. 

Heres how i wrote it. 

['EWR AN/FPS-117 Radar'] = {

['type'] = 'ewr',

['searchRadar'] = {

['EWR AN/FPS-117 Radar'] = {

['name'] = {

['NATO'] = '',

},

},

},

['harm_detection_chance'] = 10

},       

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Running in to some problems I can't wrap my head around.

I am trying to set up a simple IADS to get familiar with it and expand later on.

What I want to achieve is a SA-2 site (with P-19) that remains silent until the enemy is within kill range and then go active. There is an EW within range as well for, how shall I put it, early warning.

Both EW and SAM get recognized by text output. The SA-2 shows as autonomous.

do
  redIADS = SkynetIADS:create('SAADF IADS')
  redIADS:addSAMSitesByPrefix('SAADF-SAM')
  redIADS:addEarlyWarningRadarsByPrefix('SAADF-EW')
  redIADS:addRadioMenu()
  redIADS:activate()

redIADS:getSAMSiteByGroupName('SAADF-SAM-SA2-1'):setActAsEW(false):setEngagementZone(SkynetIADSAbstractRadarElement.GO_LIVE_WHEN_IN_KILL_ZONE)
end

image.png

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Sinclair_76

On 7/29/2023 at 6:04 AM, Sinclair_76 said:

Running in to some problems I can't wrap my head around.

I am trying to set up a simple IADS to get familiar with it and expand later on.

What I want to achieve is a SA-2 site (with P-19) that remains silent until the enemy is within kill range and then go active. There is an EW within range as well for, how shall I put it, early warning.

Both EW and SAM get recognized by text output. The SA-2 shows as autonomous.

do
  redIADS = SkynetIADS:create('SAADF IADS')
  redIADS:addSAMSitesByPrefix('SAADF-SAM')
  redIADS:addEarlyWarningRadarsByPrefix('SAADF-EW')
  redIADS:addRadioMenu()
  redIADS:activate()

redIADS:getSAMSiteByGroupName('SAADF-SAM-SA2-1'):setActAsEW(false):setEngagementZone(SkynetIADSAbstractRadarElement.GO_LIVE_WHEN_IN_KILL_ZONE)
end

image.png

What am I doing wrong?

What EWR are you using?

Can you upload the miz file?  It'll be easier to diagnose.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

• 3 months later...

This is exactly my current issue. I've tried making the sites a red coalition since Iran doesn't have search radars anymore apparently in 2.9. I've rechecked and rechecked the name ISAM is in the script and in how I named all my groups. I then tried going back to just SAM and that didn't work. Been piddling with this on and off for about ten days, and either something in 2.9 changed or I am missing something probably pretty simple - which is where I'd put my money. 

Persian_Fire_0.20.miz

Edited by Paladin1cd
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me it turned out to be an issue with the AN/FPS-117 domed radar used on the RED side. When I switched it back to a 55G6 the IADS started working properly again.

Or it could be a line of sight problem with the EWR, from the Skynet page:

Terrain elevation around an EW radar will create blinds spots, allowing low and fast movers to penetrate radar networks through valleys.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 6:38 AM, Iroh said:

For me it turned out to be an issue with the AN/FPS-117 domed radar used on the RED side. When I switched it back to a 55G6 the IADS started working properly again.

Or it could be a line of sight problem with the EWR, from the Skynet page:

There was an issue, which I don't think has been fixed yet, with the FPS-117 Domed in the Skynet Compiled file.  If you open the skynet-iads-compiled.lua file in Notepad++ or your choice of scripting platform.  Find the FPS-117 Dome section (might not exist, find the FPS-117 if it doesn't then add the following code below it) and make sure it looks like this:

['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
      ['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
        ['name'] = {
          ['NATO'] = 'Seek Igloo Domed',
        },
      },
    },
    ['harm_detection_chance'] = 80
  },

That should get the FPS-117 Domed to work.

Too Many Modules to List

On 11/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, Paladin1cd said:

This is exactly my current issue. I've tried making the sites a red coalition since Iran doesn't have search radars anymore apparently in 2.9. I've rechecked and rechecked the name ISAM is in the script and in how I named all my groups. I then tried going back to just SAM and that didn't work. Been piddling with this on and off for about ten days, and either something in 2.9 changed or I am missing something probably pretty simple - which is where I'd put my money. 

Persian_Fire_0.20.miz 3.2 MB · 3 downloads

I found two problems with this particular mission file:
1.)  Your configuration file for the IADS has it looking for the prefix "SAM" when everything is named "ISAM"

2.)  The reason they are all autonomous when you change the above is because the 1L119 Nebo-SVU is not supported by the default Skynet configuration.  In fact, none of the SAM Site Asset Pack radars are.

The following can be added to your skynet-iads-compiled.lua (I recommend changing the file name to skynet-iads-compiled-modified.lua or something so you can keep them separate.  I would add it before line 444 (after the default list of EWR's):

--- Start of 2SAP & Radar Dome Mod EW radars, and P-14 Mod

['EWR P-37 Bar Lock'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
        ['EWR P-37 BAR LOCK'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Bar Lock',
                },
            },
        },
        ['harm_detection_chance'] = 60
    },
    ['EWR 55G6U NEBO-U'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['EWR 55G6U NEBO-U'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Tall Rack',
                },
            },
        },
        ['harm_detection_chance'] = 65
    },
    ['EWR 1L119 Nebo-SVU'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Box Spring',
                },
            },
        },
        ['harm_detection_chance'] = 75
    },
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'EWR Generic radar tower',
        },
    },
    ['RadarDomeH'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['RadarDomeH'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'RadarDomeH',
        },
    },
    ['RadarDomeL'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['RadarDomeL'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'RadarDomeL',
        },
    },    
    ['FPS-117'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
      ['FPS-117'] = {
        ['name'] = {
          ['NATO'] = 'Seek Igloo',
        },
      },
    },
  },
      ['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
      ['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
        ['name'] = {
        },
      },
    },
  },
    ['EWR P-14 Tall King'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
        ['name'] = {
          ['NATO'] = 'Tall King',
        },
      },
    },

},

Make sure to keep Line 444's closing }, so add it before that! 🙂

That'll add the SAM Site Asset Pack radars to your Skynet Compiled and allow them to work.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys (a month late, Ooof!)  I don't regularly check this thread (mostly supporting folks over on the discord), so if you reply, make sure to tag me or reply directly to me so I get the notification.

Edited by Whiskey11
  • Like 1

Too Many Modules to List

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 6:47 PM, Whiskey11 said:

I found two problems with this particular mission file:
1.)  Your configuration file for the IADS has it looking for the prefix "SAM" when everything is named "ISAM"

2.)  The reason they are all autonomous when you change the above is because the 1L119 Nebo-SVU is not supported by the default Skynet configuration.  In fact, none of the SAM Site Asset Pack radars are.

The following can be added to your skynet-iads-compiled.lua (I recommend changing the file name to skynet-iads-compiled-modified.lua or something so you can keep them separate.  I would add it before line 444 (after the default list of EWR's):

--- Start of 2SAP & Radar Dome Mod EW radars, and P-14 Mod

['EWR P-37 Bar Lock'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
        ['EWR P-37 BAR LOCK'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Bar Lock',
                },
            },
        },
    },
    ['EWR 55G6U NEBO-U'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['EWR 55G6U NEBO-U'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Tall Rack',
                },
            },
        },
        ['harm_detection_chance'] = 65
    },
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
                ['name'] = {
                    ['NATO'] = 'Box Spring',
                },
            },
        },
        ['harm_detection_chance'] = 75
    },
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'EWR Generic radar tower',
        },
    },
    ['RadarDomeH'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['RadarDomeH'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'RadarDomeH',
        },
    },
    ['RadarDomeL'] = {
        ['type'] = 'ewr',
        ['searchRadar'] = {
            ['RadarDomeL'] = {
            },
        },
        ['name'] = {
            ['NATO'] = 'RadarDomeL',
        },
    },    
    ['FPS-117'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
      ['FPS-117'] = {
        ['name'] = {
          ['NATO'] = 'Seek Igloo',
        },
      },
    },
  },
      ['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
      ['FPS-117 Dome'] = {
        ['name'] = {
        },
      },
    },
  },
    ['type'] = 'ewr',
    ['searchRadar'] = {
        ['name'] = {
          ['NATO'] = 'Tall King',
        },
      },
    },

},

Make sure to keep Line 444's closing }, so add it before that! 🙂

That'll add the SAM Site Asset Pack radars to your Skynet Compiled and allow them to work.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys (a month late, Ooof!)  I don't regularly check this thread (mostly supporting folks over on the discord), so if you reply, make sure to tag me or reply directly to me so I get the notification.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

i tried to join the discord, but it won't let me so i'm posting here.

this script is terrific but i can't verify that it is working. i can't get the debug output to work either. i've spent a lot of time trying the different suggestions i've found online, but still no proof it's working. i'm sure i will find answers on the discord, but again it denies my invite when i click the invite button. the sample missions work fine i believe.

i will attach my mission and the scripts i'm using as soon as i can figure out how to attach!

thanks!