Skynet: An IADS for Mission Builders

my test mission:

@tigair

I've changed to no-addons for this mission and it runs very smoothly with all the Debugg processes activated.

I've also added a comm center at the SA-2 site that was not reacting so well to attack, and now that seems to be working well.

The Bandar-Abbas SA-10 site is still is not attacking aircraft (sneaky pete C-130) within it's engagement zone?

I activated the Jammer @ 8Min into the mission and you can see it's DeActivating the Bandar-Abbas SA-10 site from more than 100km out.

Also when I try to DeActivate the Jammer I'm getting the .lua script error.

Also I've not flown this (no-MOD) mission I've just been testing the AI's.

I got most of my problems with .lua script errors from the Debug processes when I was flying My Mod'ed mission with (two AI A-4E-C SEAD)+(two AI F-4E SEAD) aircraft with two active Jammers emmitting, I was flying the Mig-19P in those missions.

I'll remove the Jammers and Re fly my MOD'ed mission and get more feedback for you.

If you could take a look at my start up script and make any suggestions

it would be very well received

THNX for all you do

skynet-test-persian-gulf-noMOD.miz

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

In regards to the jammer:

local jammer = SkynetIADSJammer:create(Unit.getByName('JAMMER-Harry'), iranIADS)

jammer:masterArmOn()

You are creating a local variable, remove the local then you should be able to deactivate the jammer. local means a variable is only available in that input box where you added the code (in simplified terms)

I replaced the c130 with a hornet and in the cockpit I got a lock after about 10 seconds and then it fired ad me.

So it seems the jammer is working in your mission? since the c130 is not beeing shot at. I guess IRL an s300 would be able to attack the C130 even if a jammer is deployed.

Edited by tigair

@tigair

the c130 is not fired upon even when there is no jammers emmitting?

must be something about the c130 or maybe it's not being recognized as a threat?

OK more expeermenting to do

THNX

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Hey, could not find an answer to this:

Testing SkyNet with SA-6 battery and SA-15 point defense. The SA-6 missiles are exploding shortly after launch. Any ideas?

Mission file and setup lua attached.

Haha, I liked the wav file in the mission.

I think your SA-6 is spread out too far (launchers and Radar). I couldn't get it to engage in this setup with the default SAM AI... Tried moving them together but again no joy...

Got it working. Needed to use DCS template for SA-6 battery. Building out the mission now.

I'd like to see a way in debug to report sites in search or track, instead of just "active". Is that do-able within the DCS API?

Setting the Go Live Range:

Tried another demo mission today. SAMs and point defense still not enabling when I set to go live in percent of search or kill range. Saw you made updates today. Will give that a try.

@fastfrog yes i got the same problem with my mission so i had to take out all the Go Live settings for all SAM Sites, Then everything worked well, SAM's recognize HARM attack and SA-15's defend: and when there is NO HARM ATTACK the SAM's Defend normally

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

debug messaging:

@tigair So the script is genuinely brilliant, BUT

The deBUG reporting continues even after i have set all deBUG functions to FALSE in the initiate mission script except for IADS STATUS TRUE: and CONTACTS TRUE:

These i leave on so that i can toggle them with the F-10 radio menu.

So when i set the radio menu to Hide the STATUS and CONTACTS i still get reports in game.

Also i have a JAMMIER aircraft that comes on line when passing through a ZONE and when the JAMMIER goes live

i start getting JAMMIER reports from all the affected SAM's even though the F-10 Radio menu is set to HIDE for STATUS and CONTACTS.

Also wishing for more complete info in the contacts deBUG, like: Elevation, Position-reletive to whatever, GS is fine.

ALSO wishing for fine control of deBUG update frequency, for a possibility of longer periodicity.

THNX for your generosity

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally got a LUA setup file to work properly. Here's my mission map. BaHahahahahahah!

Each SAM site has an SA-15 and SA-18 MANPADS squad as point defense. Setup code is simple, by NATO class. MANPADs are ignored.

I also have the status output problem. Stays on by default. I can turn them off in the \ F10 menu but its a PITA. Any ideas?

QX5NlWw.jpg

My setup LUA is below. Mission files attached.

do

redIADS = SkynetIADS:create('IRAN')

redIADS:addEarlyWarningRadarsByPrefix('EW')
redIADS:addSAMSitesByPrefix('SAM')

-- Set up command center
commandCenter = StaticObject.getByName('COMMAND-1')
redIADS:addCommandCenter(commandCenter)
local powerSource = StaticObject.getByName('POWER-1')
local connectionNodeEW = StaticObject.getByName('NODE-1')
redIADS:getEarlyWarningRadarByUnitName('EW-1'):addPowerSource(powerSource):addConnectionNode(connectionNodeEW)

-- SA-15 Point Defense
redIADS:getSAMSitesByNatoName('SA-15'):setHARMDetectionChance(100):setEngagementZone(SkynetIADSAbstractRadarElement.GO_LIVE_WHEN_IN_SEARCH_RANGE)

-- SA-10 Act as EWR
redIADS:getSAMSitesByNatoName('SA-10'):setActAsEW(true)

redIADS:addRadioMenu()
redIADS:activate()	

local iadsDebug = redIADS:getDebugSettings()
iadsDebug.IADSStatus = false
iadsDebug.contacts = false

end

Skynet Evolved.zip

Finally got a LUA setup file to work properly. Here's my mission map. BaHahahahahahah!

Each SAM site has an SA-15 and SA-18 MANPADS squad as point defense. Setup code is simple, by NATO class. MANPADs are ignored.

I also have the status output problem. Stays on by default. I can turn them off in the \ F10 menu but its a PITA. Any ideas?

QX5NlWw.jpg

My setup LUA is below. Mission files attached.

do

redIADS = SkynetIADS:create('IRAN')

redIADS:addEarlyWarningRadarsByPrefix('EW')
redIADS:addSAMSitesByPrefix('SAM')

-- Set up command center
commandCenter = StaticObject.getByName('COMMAND-1')
redIADS:addCommandCenter(commandCenter)
local powerSource = StaticObject.getByName('POWER-1')
local connectionNodeEW = StaticObject.getByName('NODE-1')
redIADS:getEarlyWarningRadarByUnitName('EW-1'):addPowerSource(powerSource):addConnectionNode(connectionNodeEW)

-- SA-15 Point Defense
redIADS:getSAMSitesByNatoName('SA-15'):setHARMDetectionChance(100):setEngagementZone(SkynetIADSAbstractRadarElement.GO_LIVE_WHEN_IN_SEARCH_RANGE)

-- SA-10 Act as EWR
redIADS:getSAMSitesByNatoName('SA-10'):setActAsEW(true)

redIADS:addRadioMenu()
redIADS:activate()	

local iadsDebug = redIADS:getDebugSettings()
iadsDebug.IADSStatus = false
iadsDebug.contacts = false

end

I just checked your mission, it seems the script files in the mission where not up to date, you have to re ad the .lua file each time you make a change. A .miz file ist basically a ZIP, so you can open it and see what .lua files are loaded.

After I updated the compiled script and the setup script no output was shown anymore.

004 SkyNet evolved.miz

@fastfrog yes i got the same problem with my mission so i had to take out all the Go Live settings for all SAM Sites, Then everything worked well, SAM's recognize HARM attack and SA-15's defend: and when there is NO HARM ATTACK the SAM's Defend normally

I'm not quite sure but it could have to do with radards going dark when a HARM is inbound.

Set them up like this to get around the radards going dark:

https://github.com/walder/Skynet-IADS#point-defence-1

also make sure you are using the latest build. I Added a new one on friday that fixed some issues in toggling the sams on and off

Also its easier to answer questions discord, join the group, there are a few others working on scripts there:

https://discord.gg/pz8wcQs

Edited by tigair

mission builders chat room

@tigair

radards ... ha ha ha made me laugh

at least i see you have a sense of humour

i'm not a big fan of chat rooms but i'll give a listen and see

THNX

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@tigair

radards ... ha ha ha made me laugh

at least i see you have a sense of humour

i'm not a big fan of chat rooms but i'll give a listen and see

THNX

that was a genuine double typo! :)

I love this script! I had worked on similar stuff with triggers and trying to implement it in new missions is extremely painful. Having a script that can be uploaded makes my life as a mission-maker a lot easier.

I have some hopefully not-too-difficult-to-implement suggestions (in order of importance):

• "Backup" SAM sites that only activate if other sites have been attacked and destroyed or are out of ammo and are reloading.
    • Think of it as merely activating new sites once primary sites' radars are destroyed or the noAmmo flag has been tripped.
    • Allow us to daily-chain backup SAM sites, so we could have a primary, secondary, and tertiary SAM sites.

[*]SAM site dispersion

• When attacked and when configured to do so, the SAM site can move a short distance to spoil the targeting of INS/GPS guided weapons.
    • Again, this would only apply to mobile SAM sites

[*]Defined activation & engagement area

• In addition to allowing SAMs to engage once targets get within X distance from the site, allow SAMs to engage once enemy aircraft enter a specific location.
    • Think of it as a SAM trap- planes go to bomb a factory, and when they get over the factory, multiple SAM sites can activate and surround enemy aircraft
    • I think this option should be able to be switched off and allow SAM sites to use other scripted logic once the trap has been sprung.

[*]ADM-141 TALDs - Configurable logic for how SAM sites react to air-launched decoys

• Currently TALDS seem to be treated as aircraft
    • My suggestion is to allow scripted commands to configure the network to ignore TALDs for the purposes of site activations.
    • I bet you can't make them invisible to the SAM site radars themselves due to DCS's AI, but at least you can allow mission makers to disable the effectiveness of TALDs so SAM sites aren't activated

[*]SAM site relocation for mobile SAM units.

• Secondary and tertiary launch positions. SAMs should be able to regularly relocate to these positions (maybe random? I personally prefer user-defined locations?).
    • The network can be configured to cover for the moving SAM site until it's back online, after which another SAM site can relocate.
    • Maybe tie it into other items, like after a SAM site has been attacked but isn't currently under attack?
    • Obviously this will only apply to mobile SAM sites.

[*]Faster reloading of SAM launchers.

• Is this even possible? If so, it should be a configurable option.

hey @Tigair does this mod work with Skynet IADS ? Sorry if this has been covered already. New Radar Dome Mod. Allegedly as functional Radar

Would be really need addition to your code

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302681/

Hmm I didn't know about this radar mod.

Currently I am focusing on the in game ones. The thing with mods is that one constantly has to make sure they still work after an update.

more jammer questions:

@tigair

i've been experimenting with your script almost exclusively for a while now.

i really like the jammer function and the distance-effectiveness calculation.

i've been working on a mission and i am simulating a SEAD attack with

multiple aircraft from multiple different directions.

i've experimented with having a jammer orbit outside the attack zones at a distance of 120km.

This works but i want to simulate the decreasing effectiveness of the jammer as the emitter gets closer to the radars and the IADS.

So the emitter needs to approach the radars to simulate correctly the distance function.

i am fine with destroying the emitter when it gets close enough.

i want to know a couple of things:

1. Does the IADS shut down the SAM RADAR when the jammer effectiveness approaches 100% (this is what i've seen so far) and it allows attacking aircraft free reign as long as the jammer is orbiting outside the range of the SAM's.

2. If i let the emitter (AI) get destroyed do i need to execute some script to shut down the jammer function? (i saw something to this effect in your documentation)

3. After i let the emitter AI aircraft get destroyed i want to start up an emitter from a ship, then attack it with silkworm missiles_ can you let me know an example of script to execute to do this?

appreciate your advice as always,

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@prefetch:

1. Does the IADS shut down the SAM RADAR when the jammer effectiveness approaches 100% (this is what i've seen so far) and it allows attacking aircraft free reign as long as the jammer is orbiting outside the range of the SAM's.

No the SAM site keeps emitting, however it won't lock targets

If i let the emitter (AI) get destroyed do i need to execute some script to shut down the jammer function? (i saw something to this effect in your documentation)

That's handled in the script, if an emitter is destroyed, no need to execute anything.

3. After i let the emitter AI aircraft get destroyed i want to start up an emitter from a ship, then attack it with silkworm missiles_ can you let me know an example of script to execute to do this?

That's out of scope for the IADS script, i recommend you ask in the Moose forums, you can't trigger an event when the unit dies. And then activate the silk worms.

Join the discord group, there are over 90 people already there and a lot of interesting discussions on how to use the IADS:

https://discord.gg/pz8wcQs

• 2 weeks later...

@tigair

2 questions:

1.: Can I have redundant power supply to my command by simply calling the function 2 times?

I have written the "code" at home, haven't tried it yet.

2.: Are other ARMs also handled like a HARM? You know, I am talking about radar shut down.

Notably AGM-122 SideARM, AGM-145 Shrike and MBDA ALARM?

Alias in Discord: Mailman

@tigair

2 questions:

1.: Can I have redundant power supply to my command by simply calling the function 2 times?

I have written the "code" at home, haven't tried it yet.

2.: Are other ARMs also handled like a HARM? You know, I am talking about radar shut down.

Notably AGM-122 SideARM, AGM-145 Shrike and MBDA ALARM?

1: yes, also applies to connection nodes

�2: I have not tested them, but the IADS protects from anything that is coming its way. It will also shut off if a maverick is heading inbound. There is no if missileType == in the code. So yes I presume the Sidearm and the others should trigger it to shut off.