Core Affinity in Autoexec.cfg no longer working?

wopski

Running multiple dedicated servers it makes life easy being able to set core affinity in the autoexec.cfg but this no longer works both on dedicated server or client install?

Is this just temp thing, has it been replaced with a different command or just removed all together?

affinity_mask = ***

Kind regards,

WOP

+1

- Enthoo Evolv X - Asus X299 TUF Mark1 - Intel 9900X+EK block - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 - 2xM.2 Samsung 970 1TB Raid0 - Evga SuperNova 1300W - Asus 2080Ti Strix OC - Asus ROG PG279Q - EK D5 PWN pump Res Combo - EK XTX 360 - Asus Spatah - Asus ROG Flare - Asus ROG Theta - Valve Index - Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM2+CM2 base - Virpil VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals - TM Throttle -:pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

Affinty mask is still overridden in stable release on dedicated server??

Please can you tell me why? I'm sorry but i don't see a mention of it in change logs! OB or stable. ?

It even overrides 3rd party software firedeamon pro.

worked fine before 2.5.6

will post a video tomorrow

Kind regards,

WOPR

Edited by wopski

• 1 month later...

Same question here, sorry that we don't have any answer.

I'm going to ping BigNewy.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I've also tried forcing the cpu affinity with cmd and it does not work for DCS.exe for some reason. Works on other executables on the same machine though.

For example this works:

start "" /affinity 0x3 /high "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.306\Discord.exe" --test

But this doesn't:

start "" /affinity 0x3 /high "C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender -w DCSZA_1

Yes, I think that DCS is managing its affinity itself, in its own code, hence the failure to do what Windows wants it to do !

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

This may be either an intended or unintended consequence of a fix or partial workaround of what I reported some time ago, regarding thread racing between main and texture/asset loading threads. But Im currently in maintenance, didnt test anything myself in the last mont and probably for the next two.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team
This may be either an intended or unintended consequence of a fix or partial workaround of what I reported some time ago, regarding thread racing between main and texture/asset loading threads. But Im currently in maintenance, didnt test anything myself in the last mont and probably for the next two.

Indeed it is, an unintended one. The next openbeta should fix this.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Thanks for the info, c0ff !

For me with my i7 10700k I see core 12 and 15 being used close to 100% (core 15 is a hyperthread and not ideal) and the rest staying at a very low amount, I have to force a more balanced load via task manager core affinity setting for DCS.exe, just wished it worked properly via the autoexec.cfg.