Request for official statement from ED for Oculus Rift CV1 to run

TOViper

Hi ED,

which version of Oculus software does 2.5.6. officially need?

I personally can provide Oculus Home 1.3 and 1.7, but nothing higher.

What do you need me to install in order to get 2.5.6 running?

THANKS and kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

+1000

I have a slow internet connection, downloading the latest patch each time only to find it won't pick up the CV1 and then rolling back is a bit of a labour of love.

An official statement on this would mean I can wait to see if there's a fix or just not bother with 2.5.6 on wards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for chipping in fitness88, but I think what we're trying to establish from ED is if they have switched to only supporting the new API for Oculus.

If they have switched to a new API, users like me are stuck at nothing newer than 2.5.5. (so no new modules that are not backward compatible to 2.5.5) :mad:

If it's a bug we can look forward to enjoying the future of DCS when it's fixed. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for chipping in fitness88, but I think what we're trying to establish from ED is if they have switched to only supporting the new API for Oculus.

If they have switched to a new API, users like me are stuck at nothing newer than 2.5.5. (so no new modules that are not backward compatible to 2.5.5) :mad:

If it's a bug we can look forward to enjoying the future of DCS when it's fixed. :thumbup:

I may be missing something in this statement, but is not the Rift Software using the same API across the board whether one is using Rift or Rift S?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi Don, my thoughts are that maybe the new runtimes for newer versions of Oculus (home) have a matching newer SDK/library linked when the DCS code is written/compiled.

That's all I can think of as the headset is not detected in any way, even when forcing VR on the DCS command line, I would expect head tracking to work if the display is not enabled (from previous coding on Oculus stuff, admittedly a while ago).

But nothing. hope that makes sense?

I really do hope it's a bug but only ED can really let us know on this.

Edited by Magnatilla
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why can you not update Oculus?

I use CV1, never had an issue?

I think they want to run an older version that doesn't load Oculus Home or simply not want to upgrade it for other reasons
Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I think they want to run an older version that doesn't load Oculus Home or simply not want to upgrade it for other reasons

True. Windows 7 and Oculus 1.30 mini-version here.

I am currently trying to finally find the heck out which version of Oculus runtime is needed for DCS 2.5.6 to run.

That's all I wanted to know from ED, but so far NO WORD of them!

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

True. Windows 7 and Oculus 1.30 mini-version here.

I am currently trying to finally find the heck out which version of Oculus runtime is needed for DCS 2.5.6 to run.

That's all I wanted to know from ED, but so far NO WORD of them!

Using Win7 you are below the recommended system for VR... Why not upgrade to Win10 and newer Oculus runtime?

I too was reluctant to switch to win 10 , as i really liked the win 7 layout , and was concerned about win 10 data collection . However , i find win 10 pro offers all i need to control privacy settings and updates , and i have adjusted to the 10 gui . And it allows me to fly the Rift :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 4 weeks later...
I too was reluctant to switch to win 10 , as i really liked the win 7 layout , and was concerned about win 10 data collection . However , i find win 10 pro offers all i need to control privacy settings and updates , and i have adjusted to the 10 gui . And it allows me to fly the Rift :)

Thanks for your kind words.

A few days ago I decided to switch to Windows 10 pro.

Generelly speaking now, everything is working, but in DCS the picture is wobbling around when frames come down (the real frames) in the area of 45. I never saw that in W7, and the VR picture is not that clear as it was in Windows7. Artefacts here, wobbling there ... you know.

I miss the clear picture of W7, but on the other hand ASW works pretty fine under W10, and it produces the same "smootheness feeling" with real 45 frames, than it was in W7 with "original" 90 frames (in W7 I only had 90 frames with the Tiger, on a more or less empty maps.

So, yes, I am on Windows 10 now.

Honestly speaking I was impressed of the updater program. After updating, everything (100%) on my desktop was like in Windows 7. That is stunning, and I have to agree that Microsoft has done a good job on this.

Edited by TOViper

my computer: