CCRP bombing off target

Sprite001

Hello fellow flight simmers,

Each time I use CCRP bombing the bombs fall far behind the target, maybe 50-100 meters. I'm pretty sure I'm using the right method and settings. I have no problem using CCIP method.

I read that some peaple do not have this problem, and they can hit targets fairly precise using the CCRP method.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Master arm ON

VTH set to H

RAD ALT set to ON

Select BL1 (mk82)

PPA settings as desired

Select TAS/RS both

Radar ON

1 Altitude about 10-15000 feet

2 Press weapons system cmd fwd

3 Place "diamond" piper over target

4 Press AG designate

5 Resume level flight

6 Target cross is now above target

7 Press and hold trigger when release line cross CCRP piper

8 Bombs released when cue cross piper

Everything works like it should but bombs are hitting way past target point.

I will be very grateful for any helpful hints your guys might have

Edited by Sprite001

same here, also with INS precion bombing ( offset targhet ) the bomds drop too far....you have some possibilities

with jtac. M-2000 is very bad as bombing

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

same here, also with INS precion bombing ( offset targhet ) the bomds drop too far....you have some possibilities

with jtac. M-2000 is very bad as bombing

I tried with INS pre alignment in special setup, and with full manual INS alignment, but same result.

I have not used JTAC/Buddy lasing with gbu bombs yet, but it seems to work for other players.

Maybe it wasn't any better in real life M2000? :)

I'm learning the bombing right now I'm sure I'm going to be wrong, so far I seemed to understand that it doesn't have the precision of the F-16

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

1- place target between top of diamond and dot at center of diamond for target designation

2- dont level off after designation when armed with mk82 (you can do it with gbu), but stay in a 25-30° dive until solution cue appear then pull up at 4.5 G max.

You should get better results

1- place target between top of diamond and dot at center of diamond for target designation

2- dont level off after designation when armed with mk82 (you can do it with gbu), but stay in a 25-30° dive until solution cue appear then pull up at 4.5 G max.

You should get better results

Thank you Steph i will try that

Each time I use CCRP bombing the bombs fall far behind the target, maybe 50-100 meters. I'm pretty sure I'm using the right method and settings.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Everything works like it should but bombs are hitting way past target point.

I will be very grateful for any helpful hints your guys might have

The HUD is slightly misaligned by 7-8 pixel @ 1080x1920 (~4 mil ?), so you need to designate using the top third of the "diamond".

There was a lot of discussion on CCRP bombing in this Mk-82 thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4190630#post4190630

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The HUD is slightly misaligned by 7-8 pixel @ 1080x1920 (~4 mil ?), so you need to designate using the top third of the "diamond".

Thank you Ramsay for the tip and link. Its apparently more tricky than i thought.

More practice needet :thumbup:

Please see this thread for some videos of Mirage pilots dropping on CCPL (CCRP) and fixing the problem you are also seeing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208695

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Please see this thread for some videos of Mirage pilots dropping on CCPL (CCRP) and fixing the problem you are also seeing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208695

A lot of good info in that thread/link thank you Britchot. Im getting closer hitting target within a radius of 10-20 meters of target, and what i understand is expected with this method of bombing

More training..:thumbup:

Hi thank for your suggest but the diamond misaligned persist,

Hi thank for your suggest but the diamond misaligned persist,

You should be able to compensate for the misalignment, perhaps try using the top tip of the "diamond" if your Mk-82's are still falling long.

Around 1 in 3 of my Mk-82's fall within 10m of the target bullseye but I'm looking to improve on that.

CHAPTER-23-PAGE-251-FIGURE-23E2.jpg

The HUD misalignment itself, is down to Razbam to acknowledge/improve.

Ok,i guess this misaligned HUD problem its a known bug, its on the roadmap to review this and the other A/G deliverys problem on the M2K like the autorelase bug on INS bombing?

TL;DR:

AFAIK it's not an acknowledged bug, players just learn't to designate using the top 3rd of the diamond.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You should be able to compensate for the misalignment, perhaps try using the top tip of the "diamond" if your Mk-82's are still falling long.

Around 1 in 3 of my Mk-82's fall within 10m of the target bullseye but I'm looking to improve on that.

CHAPTER-23-PAGE-251-FIGURE-23E2.jpg

The HUD misalignment itself, is down to Razbam to acknowledge/improve.

Thank this help with CCRP but with INS offset targhet at moment is impossible to hit the ground targhet

Thank this help with CCRP but with INS offset targhet at moment is impossible to hit the ground targhet

AFAIK INS Offset Target bombing is fairly inaccurate at the best of times and is used when the target itself is hidden i.e. camouflaged, in a forest, etc.

A ripple of bombs vs soft targets / infantry does have an effect but it's not a technique I use by choice.

IIRC I flew the training mission by pressing pickle/consent as the release cue passed through the "diamond" (as auto-release doesn't work in DCS) and my bombs fell near the targets.

It worked well enough to understand the principle but needs fixing.

Thank Ramsay how I can drop two or four GBU12 concurrently ? I set 02 or 04 but Always only one drop….

Thank Ramsay how I can drop two or four GBU12 concurrently ? I set 02 or 04 but Always only one drop….

To drop multiples set quantity to two and multiplier to two. One is ''number of bombs'' the other is ''number of pylons'' effectively. You can't drop 1000lbs+ off one pylon without seriously destabilising the aircraft, so they have to drop symmetrically. You can definitely drop multiple GBU-12s simultabeously, I did it just a few nights ago.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

AFAIK INS Offset Target bombing is fairly inaccurate at the best of times and is used when the target itself is hidden i.e. camouflaged, in a forest, etc.

A ripple of bombs vs soft targets / infantry does have an effect but it's not a technique I use by choice.

IIRC I flew the training mission by pressing pickle/consent as the release cue passed through the "diamond" (as auto-release doesn't work in DCS) and my bombs fell near the targets.

It worked well enough to understand the principle but needs fixing.

I've gotten it pretty accurate. The primary problem with offset bombing is the inaccuracy of the map ruler. It only measures +/- 1 deg, but should be +/- .1 deg.

If you zoom all the way in on map with the ruler out about 5nm, sweep it around you can see just how large 1 degree is. It's 100's of meters, far more than enough to miss your target.

If you ensure your offset is at the boundry of this degree change, you'll find you'll be able to hit a building sized target 19 out of 20 times with a stick of 8 mk82's.

I put in a feature request on the dcs wishlist for a more precise ruler (this would also benefit the F14), but no one has taken me up on it.

To drop multiples set quantity to two and multiplier to two. One is ''number of bombs'' the other is ''number of pylons'' effectively. You can't drop 1000lbs+ off one pylon without seriously destabilising the aircraft, so they have to drop symmetrically. You can definitely drop multiple GBU-12s simultabeously, I did it just a few nights ago.

Thank a lot I set two for quantity but where is the multiplier bellow the quantity there is set for distance.

Please let me know, thank again.

I've gotten it pretty accurate. The primary problem with offset bombing is the inaccuracy of the map ruler. It only measures +/- 1 deg, but should be +/- .1 deg.

If you zoom all the way in on map with the ruler out about 5nm, sweep it around you can see just how large 1 degree is. It's 100's of meters, far more than enough to miss your target.

If you ensure your offset is at the boundry of this degree change, you'll find you'll be able to hit a building sized target 19 out of 20 times with a stick of 8 mk82's.

I put in a feature request on the dcs wishlist for a more precise ruler (this would also benefit the F14), but no one has taken me up on it.

Hi very helpful I hope ED corrects the defect.

You can't or shouldn't be able to do so with GBU-XX on Mirage 2000.

Only 1 by 1 :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No, this isn't the Harrier :smilewink:

Soon PPA: NB is number of bombs to be released and DIST the the bomb spacing.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Thank a lot I set two for quantity but where is the multiplier bellow the quantity there is set for distance.

Please let me know, thank again.

Damn, my mistake, I thought this was the Harrier forum, sorry. Disregard anything I said in this thread!

-edit

That's a good rule usually, just ignore me, everything I say is nonsense anyway.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Damn, my mistake, I thought this was the Harrier forum, sorry. Disregard anything I said in this thread!

-edit

That's a good rule usually, just ignore me, everything I say is nonsense anyway.

No worry, this does happen :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !