[ALREADY REPORTED] Weird radar behaviour on ground

Hi guys, I think i found some problems.

First : is the radar supposed to be emiting on the ground by just setting the RADAR knob on OPR ? I doubt about this, major risks for ground crew.

I took a look into the manual provided by ED it says ''OPR. Commands RADAR to full operation if all safety interlocks have been satisfied and initial warm-up time is complete.''. So no clear information about the radar being active on the ground without any kind of ''test'' or ''maintenance'' mode/procedure.

But the main default is here :

after a combat sortie with -88C and -154, I landed at kish, and when i needed it, i pressed the ''Undesignate/Nose Wheel Steering'' button on the stick to activate NWS. My radar was still on OPR, master arm off, nav mode. what happened is that the radar locked a target in the air like if I was in TWS. I had all the A/A HUD symbology, same on the DDI (see screenshots).

Most importantly ! when I first activated the Undesignate /NWS button, the aircraft locked by the radar was in front of me. After i left the runway, i turned 180° but my radar was still able to lock the target, and even shown me that the target was 173° left (so clearly behind me). I don't remember if I activated the datalink for this sortie, 90% of the time, i fly without the L-16.

So, to summarize :

-Radar emiting and locking a target on the ground. Intended behaviour or bug ?

-Radar locking a target on the ground when pressing the Undesignate/NWS button

-Radar able to keep track of the locked target even when it's outside of its scan capabilities.

I have been able to reproduce it with an airplane on a runway and 3 awacs at different altitude in the air.

Screen_200222_151924.thumb.png.3f52c6227fb2872a6a698578a8fe5898.png

Screen_200222_152011.thumb.png.bf4851bfab6d121cbd827f209f748778.png

Screen_200222_152056.thumb.png.c5d0e3c45e7aeaef8487fe2454db55a0.png

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

OK, thanks, it's what i thought.

But the Undesignate/NWS locking a target and radar being able to keep track when the locked target is on my 6, how is this possible ?

It's not keeping track of a real radar contact, it's keeping track of a track file that the radar has generated. It seems that the radar is tracking false track files, sometimes and because they're false and they don't time out, it keeps tracking it until you press Reset.

Anyway, definitely a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro