Multiplayer bug fix focus

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all,

Nineline and I have been providing the development team and management with your multiplayer concerns. We have been listening and care deeply about improving DCS World multiplayer.

Thank you all for your constructive feedback and reports; it does help us.

We wanted to highlight some of the issues we are currently working on. This is not a full list, but it does cover the main issues.

• Wake turbulence doubles in MP - Fixed DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta
  • Dedicated server statics above ground ( fixed internally already ) - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta
  • Memory leak with stennis, catapult 3 problem - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta
  • Multiplayer -net.force_player_slot(playerID, 0, '') - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta
  • MP with warehouse empty users can rearm on the CV ( very important for non combat servers )
  • PAI wait on CV if not already taxiing and client spawns on ship
  • Multiplayer Sync multicrew
  • FC3 Multiplayer data link ghost contacts - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.45915 Open Beta
  • Missiles flying underground & into Space - Fixed DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta - Note: seems improved but still seeing some case's - investigating
  • F-18 2nd Player cant see first on RADAR on initial spawn into MP Server - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.45220 Open Beta
  • MP: Objects warp on spawn, can explode players - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314
  • Network Stability for Aircraft on Aircraft Carrier - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314
  • Deck Sliding while rearming - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314
  • Player's aircraft are sliding on deck when carrier turning
  • Helicopters sliding on Carrier decks - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314
  • Deck Sliding - Hornet @ 15% RPM - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314
  • Helo sliding for client - FIXED DCS 2.5.6.49314

We will update you via the change logs as issues are fixed.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great news!

I have a question: the missile hits in multiplayer are registered based on the shooter client's POV. This causes a lot of desync, which is a very nasty problem especially for medium and long range missiles. They can be out of position by multiple miles and only loft on the shooter's POV making it look like you terrain masked it but in reality it flew over the hill.

I know the loft issue specifically was mentioned many times before, but overall is there any plan to change how this network implementation works? I think the more typical way is that everything is determined based on the server.

Great news!

I have a question: the missile hits in multiplayer are registered based on the shooter client's POV. This causes a lot of desync, which is a very nasty problem especially for medium and long range missiles. They can be out of position by multiple miles and only loft on the shooter's POV making it look like you terrain masked it but in reality it flew over the hill.

I know the loft issue specifically was mentioned many times before, but overall is there any plan to change how this network implementation works? I think the more typical way is that everything is determined based on the server.

Yeah there is defintiely two different views of the missile, noticed that easier in Tomcat as RIO. Tacview agreed with only one of us.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team
;4223089']Great news guys!

Finally MP getting the attention it deserves, a massive step in the right direction thanks team!

Just to note, many of these have been reported for some time and are in different states of being looked at. We just wanted to show we are getting these things looked at.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Great news!

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team
Great news!

It most certainly needs to be improved, although just by the nature of the internet, and possible variables, it may never be 100% perfect. Missile desync overall needs lots of love for sure.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It most certainly needs to be improved, although just by the nature of the internet, and possible variables, it may never be 100% perfect. Missile desync overall needs lots of love for sure.

Yeah, but as far as I know the majority of competitive multiplayer games are based on the server and it doesn't matter really matter what happens on your end. Typically you have a tick rate of 32, 64 or 128 in case of competitive CS:GO and everything is synchronized based on what the server sees.

As long as the "different perspectives" exist and the decision is partially made based on a client's perspective I'm not sure if this can be solved at all. Hence why I'm asking if there are plans to change :)

Great to see that dedication. But I miss one very big point IMHO. When I want to join a certain server, that I even might have "starred", I sometimes need to refresh the server list up to 20 times or more until I finally can see the server. This issue has been part of DCS since the very beginning in the Shark days. I'd very much appreciate this being addressed eventually because at the moment the hardest part of the C in DCS actually is getting on the server...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Excellent news and good to see what is being worked on.

I don't see mention of the following and maybe they are already fixed in your internal build but I think that they are as significant as the list in the first post.

-Sync clouds between clients and servers - this makes using anything but a clear day or overcast a bit of a non starter in multiplayer.

-Remove scenery object. Since it only works for the host it is limited in what we can do as server owners

-Trains. Just get me some trains that follow the tracks and everyone in MP can see.

Any chance of a fix for Flanker P2P DL working for MP since it is working in SP?

Great list btw, looking forward to the fixes

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Any chance of a fix for Flanker P2P DL working for MP since it is working in SP?

Yes please!

It was said by ED developers that putting Flankers in the same flight in multiplayer will allow the group datalink to work, but all it does at the moment is that the number of the own plane on the HDD corresponds with the number of the plane in the flight, thats it.

It would be amazing if the group datalink could be fixed, the developers have to work on the datalink anyway when fixing the ghost contacts.

If these issues also affect the Supercarrier, does this mean a possible delay past the end of Q1 which is only 5 weeks away?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• ED Team
Were the floating statics supposed to be fixed in the last patch?

No should be in next patch

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It would be nice if the delayed start bug that happens on any ship and predominantly in MP was added to the list.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum