DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

Excellent news as far as I'm concerned. This has been one of the most wanted aircraft for me in DCS.

I'm a snob for features completeness and fidelity over visuals, so I do get people's concerns over those, but DEKA has proven to us that a new developer can prove to be pretty good with those, and I'm willing to give Flying Iron benefit of the doubt in that light.

Looking forward to A-7E in DCS!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Can we at least let them get the model into early access before we start speculating about how terrible they are at their jobs?

Are you asking yourself ? Because I am definetely not doing what you are describing.

I've seen their work and it does look and sound very good, so I wouldn't be worried about that aspect.

This is DCS tho, there are more import things and asking a question, concerning systems and flight models is standard. Both, things which are not their specialty or job, as far as they describe themselfs, that is.

If ED has signed them, I guess they have shown that they have what it takes.....

Waiting to see if anything is good only after early access? That is a bad approach and discussion topic I am not going to go into...

Hope they make it and make it good!

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Excellent news! Looks are always subjective; but I for one really like how the A-7 looks, and always have (same with the A-6).

A complete '70s era flight deck is also one of my personal dreams in DCS: F-14, A-6, A-7, E-2, SH-3, C-2 ... :pilotfly:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I welcome any new dev to DCS, great news!

But I do wonder what the deal is with RAZBAM. I suppose RAZBAM had it on its personal roadmap and announced it as something for the far future (I mean their roadmap is pretty full already), but FlyingIron basically called dibs on it with ED?

I guess there is a huge distance between "I want to bring x airframe to DCS" and actually signing a contract with ED for it.

Remember what happened with the MIG 25 and RAZBAM?

It is also very possible that before signing with flyingiron simulations, ED actually discussed it with RAZBAM in the spirit of good partnership.

I guess there is a huge distance between "I want to bring x airframe to DCS" and actually signing a contract with ED for it.

There is. They actually have to negotiate terms and what not. RAZBAM has much on their plate so before they would enter this negotiation phase I guess we would be talking years from now.

It is also very possible that before signing with flyingiron simulations, ED actually discussed it with RAZBAM in the spirit of good partnership.

This is the part I am actually interested in. I would imagine ED just 'gave' it to FlyingIron on a first come, first serve basis. Curious if they discussed with RAZBAM.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Off the top of my head, the aircraft Razbam has said are on their roadmap are in one way or another are (literally all of them, so some of these are obviously outdated):

Mig-23MLA, Mig-19S, F-15E, Sea Harrier FRS 1, Harrier Gr3, Mirage 3/IAI Dagger, OV-10 Bronco, IA-58 Pucara, Tornado, A-7, Bo-105, A-29 Super Tucano, AV/8B+, Mirage 2000-5, on top of completion of the AV/8B NA, Mirage 2000 and Mig-19P.

I think it's safe to say that a third party taking over one of those projects is not the end of the world for Razbam.

Yeah possibly. I was refering to the one that had a rough start as if it was a Go or no GO

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2991195#post2991195

But that has been confirmed by ED on the official newsleteer.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168367&postcount=233

Meanwhile, I dont see problems RAZBAM continue with a A-7E or other versions on DCS (in times of L-39 albatros was ED and other 3rd party build two paralel projects).

1/72 plastic stuff

attachment.php?attachmentid=228594&stc=1&d=1582551408

I had that very same model but had an A-7D paint scheme.

Glad to see the Corsair coming to DCS. With the Tomcat and possibly, an A-6E TRAM module at some point, this will really open up the way for more 1980s/early 90s campaign scenarios.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I had that very same model but had an A-7D paint scheme.

Glad to see the Corsair coming to DCS. With the Tomcat and possibly, an A-6E TRAM module at some point, this will really open up the way for more 1980s/early 90s campaign scenarios.

attachment.php?attachmentid=228695&stc=1&d=1582653155

Here is the box of my model: a A-7A. My paint scheme is not historical at all (i got only 3 gray tones and and two browns for all my models :) + lots of decals missing... canopy not painted yet and so on and so on :)

a-7box.thumb.jpg.13ff7c355fa7402bad1ef9c5d62a1513.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, the Lead Artist & Co-Founder of FlyingIron Simulations.

I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of FlyingIron for the overwhelming support, and for welcoming us to the DCS community, it truly means the world to us. We are incredibly excited to bring this iconic aircraft to DCS World and we are glad to see that you guys share our excitement.

Whilst the aircraft is in its very early stages of development, feel free to ask any questions and either Dan or myself will try our best to answer them. Our development progress will be posted on various social media channels that can be seen in my signature below. We will also get a thread going somewhere in there forums here.

Cheers,

Alex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, the Lead Artist & Co-Founder of FlyingIron Simulations.

I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of FlyingIron for the overwhelming support, and for welcoming us to the DCS community, it truly means the world to us. We are incredibly excited to bring this iconic aircraft to DCS World and we are glad to see that you guys share our excitement.

Whilst the aircraft is in its very early stages of development, feel free to ask any questions and either Dan or myself will try our best to answer them. Our development progress will be posted on various social media channels that can be seen in my signature below. We will also get a thread going somewhere in there forums here.

Cheers,

Alex

Is it ready yet? I've already signed the check...

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Is it ready yet? I've already signed the check...

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Get ready for a lot of these....and a lot of questions about the -117

Welcome, and take my money already, will ya?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE