DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

The folks behind IL-2 great battles series may get to differ

IL-2 is an "arcade" game...can't compare with a study SIM. 2 different crowd with 2 different interests.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

IL-2 is an "arcade" game...can't compare with a study SIM. 2 different crowd with 2 different interests.

Survey sim, not an arcade sim. It's by no means comparable to ace combat & the like. It's more like fc3 or xplane in some respects. It has some strengths over dcs, and dcs holds some over il2.

It does focus on one specific time frame/ region and does that recently well

By different crowds, yes- if you want to fly modern jets, you won't find anything there. If you want a large number german or russian ww2 birds, functional in mutliplayer crews when applicable, il2 is for you

Dcs also has a fair number of orphan birds, such as the early kits- aircraft without a setting where they engaged in historic combat. Il-2 gives a better picture of following the course of a larger conflict

Neither simulator is better, they just do different things better than the other

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

For which simulator do they develope f117?

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

For which simulator do they develope f117?

X-Plane 11

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

X-Plane 11

Xplane has weapons modelled? I didn't know that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Xplane has weapons modelled? I didn't know that

I do not know.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I thought they put it on hold. You know to “train” on the A-7 first like pilots in the 80s:)

Haha you could look at it that way...

To quote our Facebook mini-update on the F-117 development;

Hey guys,

Since we've had so many people ask I figured I'd just quickly give an 'official' update as to our F-117 and it's future:

Officially, development of the F-117 is currently on pause. Ultimately we would love to develop it & release it for both X-plane & DCS in the future, and this is something we have briefly discussed with ED.

However, we as a team we have not yet been able to acquire a sufficient amount of data & documentation for the F-117 to feel comfortable developing a DCS-level simulation, as weapons/sensor data in-particular are difficult to acquire.

We will reassess the situation in the future; however right now and for the immediate future our focus is on the A7 & ensuring that the module is made to the highest standards of quality & realism possible.

Thank you for sharing your interest!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well have you had a look recently at their forums how many other modules they have announced in the meantime and which are supposedly in various stages of development?

Lets not even talk about how much stuff in their released modules is unfinished or bugged and which they at least said , has priority over their next modules.So their A-7 is likely years away still..

Honestly, I think a little competition is not too bad for the customers...

Regards,

Snappy

I am not complaining, buy what happened to Razbam doing thebA-7? Did they just keep putting it on hold that someone else started doing it? Prowler was pretty straight forward many times in the forums that they were doing the A-7 and planned it from day 1.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180652&page=6

as stated before,

There's no reserve on Airframes,

Just because a developer signs an agreement for a particular airframe does not mean it is blocked for other developers pursuing an Agreement.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

When FlyingIron Simulations section under Licensed Third Party Projects board?

Bye

Phant

Yes. Been looking for it, too. :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

as stated before,

There's no reserve on Airframes,

Just because a developer signs an agreement for a particular airframe does not mean it is blocked for other developers pursuing an Agreement.

Like I said.I I am not complaining. Like many here, I have been waiting for this airframe and was just going off by the tidbits Razbam wouldbprovide every once in a while. But they seem to keep putting this one on hold only to work on other things. I think the last we heard, they had the airframe basics done (showed outter images and not the xockpit) and stated it was on hold until the F-15E ground radar was done. With the competition, or coordination, we might see it sooner. Yay!

you cant anounce 5 airframes and a map and not deliver one as released in your entire history. I belive that whoever delivers gets the license...

This! :thumbup: I don't care who delivers it, as long as the quality is as I expect it to be.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Haha you could look at it that way...

To quote our Facebook mini-update on the F-117 development;

Hi and welcome to DCS!

I really enjoy your Spitfire and P-47 in X-Plane, so am very happy to see you are now also developing for DCS.

Just out of curiosity, did you guys model and develop the Spitfire and P-47 for EA / DCS?

Cheers,

André

Just out of curiosity, did you guys model and develop the Spitfire and P-47 for EA / DCS?

No. Spit and P-47 are made by ED.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Usually competition drives the own investment so maybe a litte pressure is a good thing

:thumbup:

Totally agree.

As it stands Razbam has plenty on their plate, both finishing current modules to a high standard and also their 2 near term announced modules, plus another harrier in the que.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1kskl2vkh0j01.jpg

Just a cool shot :)

We don't talk about spacedocking here... :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).