DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

On 4/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, willkinton247 said:

GWAPS Vol 3 also makes the point that the A-7 could not carry LGBs (Pg 139)

I wonder whether that quote refers to self lasing LGBs, rather than just carrying them, since it says "drop and control" rather than "carry" or "employ"? I'm fairly certain I've read about USMC Hornets carrying LGBs during DS, but the Nitehawk designation pod only reached the fleet a couple of years later. Some goes for British Tornadoes and Jags, they had the Buccaneer to lase for most of them during that operation because the TIALD was barely in service, but they definitely employed LGBs. The F-111 is in the same boat, only the -F carried the Pave Spike pod which is why I think the authors only mention the -E model there. So if we follow that logic, the A-7 may well have carried LGBs at the time (although I can't find any pictures), but no TGP.

Regarding the Mav, test pictures from China Lake are always a bit questionable in terms of whether a loadout is realistic or not imo. I was looking for info on the F-84F for example, and found it fired Bullpups at China Lake, but it was never integrated in any Thunderstreak fleet.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Why cant we have a no discussian development thread for this project?

Closer to release I’d imagine.

There have been problems in the past with 3rd party dev folders being included then having to be removed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 6:56 PM, Mogster said:

Closer to release I’d imagine.

There have been problems in the past with 3rd party dev folders being included then having to be removed. 

Yeah, we are just holding off until we are mostly finished, then we will make a sub-forum 🙂

Here's a few WIP texture shots...

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Donny.....it's er........ getting to be that time again. I'm starting to break out in cold sweats and lately, my hands have begun to display a bit of a trimmer. Is there something you can do for this? I mean, just a touch is all I need. 😅

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/15/2021 at 2:36 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

Hey Donny.....it's er........ getting to be that time again. I'm starting to break out in cold sweats and lately, my hands have begun to display a bit of a trimmer. Is there something you can do for this? I mean, just a touch is all I need. 😅

Stay strong brother, we can get through this together!

image.png

What about some avionics?

I believe Dan will be coding some avionics very soon. As mentioned above, the Flight Model is really starting to take shape!

Edited by FIS-Donny
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, Santus said:

image.png

The A-7 Corsair II group on Facebook is super active with former pilots, maybe there's someone who can help 

Edited by t-stoff
  • Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:37 PM, willkinton247 said:

I looked at the Gulf War Air Power Survey, and according to it the USN did not shoot any Mavericks during Desert Storm. Only the USMC and USAF did, the Marines employing them on Harriers. 

That being said, the Navy's Mavericks at that point seem to have been more focused on a anti-ship role, per the E and F's larger warheads. At the same time, the A-7 seems to have been aimed at two major target sets: SEAD/DEAD (Using AGM-88s, Rockeyes, and GP bombs) and the occasional high priority target that required large amounts of precision (using Walleye). They were also employed as general strikers alongside A-6s, although the A-6 was generally the precision bomber as it could carry LGBs and other smart weapons. GWAPS Vol 3 also makes the point that the A-7 could not carry LGBs (Pg 139).

Screenshot 2021-04-15 143339.png

Apparently, according to the GWAPS volume 5, A-7s and A-6s actually employed the AGM-86E SLAM for the first time in combat during the Desert Storm, which is interesting. I wonder if we'll get the ability to launch that too. 

Screenshot 2021-04-15 143019.png

the SLAMs where not launched by A-7, but by A-6

the role of the A-7 was to carry the datalink pod and guide the SLAM in their terminal phase after it was launched by A-6E.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, FIS-Donny said:

3.jpg

this picture gives us some insight of what A-7E model we could see

the furthest up most panel came after Airframe Change 390, (Note the X, Y, Z vs the Off, PWR, STBY switch in the low left corner)

unknown.png

the only panel that I find more interesting would be the panel above it, that I sadly have yet to see screenshots off
if we have the HARM panel (after AFC 421) there I would be VERY happy.

EDIT:

We do have the right model

unknown.png?width=1440&height=538

and even go up to AFC 429:

unknown.png

Edited by Iron_physik
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

D D Donny! It's getting to be that time again. I can tell because my skin is begining to crawl and I'm starting to get those night sweats again! I can hardly hold a spoon over the fire any more. Have you got a little something for me man?? C c can you hook a brother up? 🙄

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

You get that way lookin at a six pack Razor.............................  remember, there's no slack in light attack............. and happiness is a SLUF.......................

Hoss

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis