DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

29 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

With all the bells and whistles they talk about this is anything but a 70's era aircraft, more late 80's and 90's I guess.

Eh, the HARM and RWR date back to the early/mid 80s, everything else they showed is pretty much spot on for the 70s. Complexity wise it's not that different from e.g. what the Tomcat and A-6 carried. By the late 80s/early 90s the USN A-7 was retired anyway.

• Thanks 1

Since they talk about HUD and RWR updates on a given date I thought it wasn't original 70's aircraft at all (not that it's a bad thing, but no Vietnam era aircraft I guess), but you're right they were retired in 1991 anyway so no modern day ops for sure.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Using the default map as a database for the gps is permanent?

I guess not, but it's a film-based display, though. The pics used in the default map might be feasible

Все буде добре

I think the FLIR pod is 80s too but not entirely sure. I personally prefer 80s versions anyway, it is a great sweet spot for DCS imo. Regardless though, I'm really, reeeeaally looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

18 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Unless you fly with a Greek skin 😉

I think that would be the key for late Cold War maps/missions in Europe that everyone has been dreaming for a while. 

Not as modern as the greek version, the portuguese one had some upgrades and capabilities too. 

From the wiki

"The avionics of the P version included the AN/ASN-91B armament control and navigation system, which was consisted primarily of the Navigation/Weapon Delivery Computer (NWDC), air data computer (ADC), Flight Data Computer (FDC), AN/AVQ head-up display (HUD), ASCU/JBOX armament pylon station control unit, projected map display system (PMDS), and was equipped with the AN/ASN-90 inertial navigation system, AN/ASN-190 navigation Doppler radar, and the AN/APQ-126 terrain-following radar. This version was equipped with two Colt Mk 12 cannon that originally were used by the USN's A-7A and was capable of using newer missiles and bombs due to its modern avionics and sensors.All aircraft retained their in-flight refueling systems, making the A-7 the first aircraft operated by the PoAF with this capability.

These armament included the AIM-9 Sidewinder missile (P version) and in its last years of service the L version, BAP 100M-117Mk 20Mk 82Mk 83Mk 84BL755 bombs, Folding-Fin Aerial RocketCRV-7 rockets, AGM-65 Maverick (B and G versions).

Between 1982 and 1989 the A-7 fleet was modernized with a hydraulic system upgrade, AN/ALR-46 radar warning receiver installation, IFF system implementation, and the installation of an Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) system. In 1990 the HUD was further upgraded and received the CTVRDS recording system, the AN/ALR-46 was replaced by the SPS-1000 system, AN/ALE-40 Chaff and Flare dispenser system, and received the Improved Night Lights update and TA-7P were installed with Automatic Maneuvering Flaps (AMF).

In 1991, the PoAF bought AN/ALQ-131 electronic countermeasure pods to equip the A-7P.] Later in 1995 the fire control and navigation computer (OFP-2) received a major update."

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

• 5 weeks later...

That's nice!! And for once nice to see systems already being worked on, it gives hope it's closer than appears at first.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

This may just be enough to surgically remove me from the Hip cockpit.......

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

3 hours ago, Kilo said:

I never knew the A-7 had this capability... Whoa!

It is with a pod under the wings, and only for navigation as far as I know, but still very cool 🙂

Anyway, this thing will be one of my absolute favorites in DCS!

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Seems to be progressing quite well!

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 4 weeks later...