DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Donny, could you help a brother out? I mean, it's been almost a month and I'm really starting to get the shakes. Night sweats and stomach cramps are really getting to me! I need a fix man! Just a little touch to get me through the holidays would do it. Can you help me out????

🤣

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Hey Donny, could you help a brother out? I mean, it's been almost a month and I'm really starting to get the shakes. Night sweats and stomach cramps are really getting to me! I need a fix man! Just a little touch to get me through the holidays would do it. Can you help me out????

🤣

I've got just the thing...

TAIL_TEXTURE_TEST.jpg

Trying out a new texturing technique. I think it works pretty well 😎

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good! It's an aircraft I'll certainly buy, as soon as it's on early access.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We hope everyone had a great holiday break and a happy New Year!

On 1/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

Dude,...... Donny, ya gotta help me man!! I'm dying here! Just throw me a little bone. I need a fix something fierce and it's been a month now. I'm bouncing off the walls man!! Please! Any little bit will help. I gotta have my A-7 juice!! 🤣

It aint much, but it should keep you going a little longer... 🤣

WIP tail hook assembly.

ModelViewer2_RzUy2sw9SP.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh PLEASE don't do that! He's the best pusher in the neighborhood and always comes through for me in a pinch. I don't think I would survive for long if he were to be taken in and locked up. If they do grab him, I hope they let him take his laptop into the slammer with him. 😅

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-7E Update! Today we'd also like to ask for your thoughts and feedback:

In what condition do you prefer to see the cockpit in DCS? Dirty, worn and aged? Immaculate, fresh from the factory? Or somewhere in between? 

https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/dcs-a-7e-development-update-2021

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say it should be reasonably representative of the state the cockpits were in the targeted timeframe.

• Like 5

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

17 hours ago, FIS-Donny said:

DCS A-7E Update! Today we'd also like to ask for your thoughts and feedback:

In what condition do you prefer to see the cockpit in DCS? Dirty, worn and aged? Immaculate, fresh from the factory? Or somewhere in between? 

https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/dcs-a-7e-development-update-2021

15 hours ago, phant said:

Somewhere in between.

Bye

Phant

1 hour ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Yes, somewhere in between. I believe that Heatblur went too far with the Tomcat.

Yep, also agree. Somewhere in between.

🙏

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

19 hours ago, FIS-Donny said:

In-between please 🙂

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

A little aging or weathering of the cockpit is OK, but please not as filthy as the Tomcat.

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 2 weeks later...

Havent been able to find an accessible natops A7E manual online, so i can't really read into detail. But does A7E still have Agm12 bullpup capability? or was that only the airforce version A7D that retained it?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

On 2/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Kev2go said:

Havent been able to find an accessible natops A7E manual online, so i can't really read into detail. But does A7E still have Agm12 bullpup capability? or was that only the airforce version A7D that retained it?

Good question. I've found this at some modellers page:

This is where is gets a bit confusing and you could end up building a Vietnam era aircraft with the wrong weapons mounted on it.  The following weapons in the kit were used in Vietnam by the US Navy on A-7E's(up until 1975):

AGM-12B Bullpup

AGM-45 Shrike

AGM-62 Walleye

AIM-9D Sidewinder

Mk 82 bombs (slick and snakeye)

The following are not used on the US Navy A-7E:

1).  AGM-65 Maverick missiles and triple launchers (LAU-88).

USAF and Marines used these before the US Navy ordered the ‘F’ version for the F/A-18 Hornet in the early 1990’s.  Even then the LAU-88 (triple launcher) is not used and the AGM-65F is carried singularly on a LAU-117.

2).  AGM-84E (Harpoon) SLAM missiles.

AGM-84 Harpoon missiles were first deployed for use in 1979 for P-3 Orions, S-3 Vikings, the AGM-84E SLAM version by F/A-18 Hornets and A-6 Intruders in the late 1980’s..

3).  GBU-8/B HOBOS 2000lb bombs.

Used by the USAF.

4).  M117 750lb bombs.

USAF – the US Navy has the Mk 83 750lb bomb.

Lastly…  The FLIR pod was only made available to 273 A-7E’s – certainly not early 1970’s aircraft.

Edited by bies