DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, the Lead Artist & Co-Founder of FlyingIron Simulations.

I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of FlyingIron for the overwhelming support, and for welcoming us to the DCS community, it truly means the world to us. We are incredibly excited to bring this iconic aircraft to DCS World and we are glad to see that you guys share our excitement.

Whilst the aircraft is in its very early stages of development, feel free to ask any questions and either Dan or myself will try our best to answer them. Our development progress will be posted on various social media channels that can be seen in my signature below. We will also get a thread going somewhere in there forums here.

Cheers,

Alex

Welcome aboard on DCS FlyingIron. Really looking forward to hear more from you and your next projects :thumbup: New developer, ED is very much working on core system of DCS and the new supercarrier modul is just around the corner. Really exciting time is comming for 2020 and beyond :thumbup:

For those who are wondering why anyone would be interested in the A-7 Corsair just listen to the Fighter Pilot Podcast and an interview with a pilot who flew the plane. He gives interesting insight on the plane. I learned a lot about this plane from this interview.

I wouldn’t fancy being stood anywhere near that huge low slung intake either...

A-6 was worse; they called it the man eater (sexist pigs; next they'll talk about Mae West curves). Small intakes, which meant high flow, right behind places where people have to stand to get the aircraft ready to shoot.

At least with the A-7 the danger was more or less out of the way and obvious.

The A-7 didn't use bridles, did it? Maybe the early versions. I believe the F4 and F-8 were bridle launched.

A-6 was worse; they called it the man eater (sexist pigs; next they'll talk about Mae West curves).

Done.

bb141c6c.JPG?1496094889

Not that she had any problem with it

1%2BMae%2BWest%2Bwith%2Ba%2BMae%2BWest%2BLife%2BJscket.jpg

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of FlyingIron for the overwhelming support, and for welcoming us to the DCS community, it truly means the world to us. We are incredibly excited to bring this iconic aircraft to DCS World and we are glad to see that you guys share our excitement.

Whilst the aircraft is in its very early stages of development, feel free to ask any questions and either Dan or myself will try our best to answer them. Our development progress will be posted on various social media channels that can be seen in my signature below. We will also get a thread going somewhere in there forums here.

Cheers,

Alex

Good luck and all the best for your exciting endeavour. I think you will find that the A-7 has a pretty solid following around here and is highly anticipated.

One interesting question at this early stage might be what era you are targeting with your A-7E. Vietnam, Libya, Desert Storm or something in between? I guess the question boils down to LANA and HARM yes/no.

Just need an F-8E now!

M3 is doing the F8J

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

So 3 questions:

1. Which specific version of the A7E are you doing? Like in year/buno number and what capabilities will it have.

2. How much coding expertise do you guys have? Often, IMO this is where several 3rd parties really struggle is to realistically implement systems, and FM's.

3. How complete will the A7E be on release, are you guys planning on a mostly done release, or more of a half done with long EA release?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm pretty sure that the A-7E was a Navy carrier based a/c. The A-7D was the Air Force version. :thumbup:

I just checked external model screenshots at official website

I didn't see a hook there :)

Maybe its because of WIP. Because launch bar is present)))

Edited by ICS_Vortex

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Nice try. I'm about 100% sure they call it something else now. When I studied this there was a 50% chance of passing and a 15% chance of attempting suicide. Welcome to the Navy.

The term is still used in the army

Here's an unfortunate reference as of 2010:

https://www.veteranstodayarchives.com/2010/05/02/mae-west/

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The term is still used in the army

Here's an unfortunate reference as of 2010:

https://www.veteranstodayarchives.com/2010/05/02/mae-west/

Yeah...the partial inversion isn't much fun. One would think they'd improve parachute performance.

Enough of this, though. The A-7 done yet? We've goofed off for almost ten minutes...that should be enough time. What have you guys been doing?

:pilotfly::joystick:

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Alex

2020 release date? Or 2021? Will there be a campaign? Excited for the jet, and welcome.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the A-7E was a Navy carrier based a/c. The A-7D was the Air Force version. :thumbup:

It wont be just the taillhook though.

What really has Navy version top off the USAF variation is that it gets larger diversity in guided munitions. AGm45, Agm88 , AGm62 walleye, ( basic and ERDL) and Mavericks

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

What this aircraft (and this game) needs is a South East Asia map (Vietnam North & south, Laos, Cambodia and a bit of Thailand plus the gulf of Tonkin

UH-1 has been saying that for years

System:

What this aircraft (and this game) needs is a South East Asia map (Vietnam North & south, Laos, Cambodia and a bit of Thailand plus the gulf of Tonkin

not necessarily. A7E depending on time frame simulated can fit into 80s circa 1986 operation el dorado canyon or even up to the 91 gulf war.

Vietnam was really a small portion of this aircraft service life.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

UH-1 has been saying that for years

Not really as the UH1H version in question is a post Vietnam iteration. IT has counter measure suite, NVG compatible cockpit , and not to mention composite rotorblades, which are 80s era features. The only thing missing from this time period is a RWR system. ( by 3d model you can see it does have points where RWR antennas should be mounted)

Its also somewhat of a franken huey as it seemingly has an Aussie bush ranger weapons config available

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The A-7E will probably be the first official module with a terrain following radar, right? I think only the community A-4 had one so far. I am not certain, but I think the Hornet and the Viper only have terrain avoidance modes, not full TFR. The same for the Viggen (and the Corsair has terrain avoidance too).