[REPORTED]Key press inop for Increase Turbine RPM

Hammer1-1

The key bind itself works; I can map it to my joystick and press forward on my button and see the key press in the options menu. Pressing the physical key combination/button does nothing. No animation of the switch being flicked up, no registered increase in RPMs. I have to physically click on the collective 2 way position switch in order to increase RPM. The decrease RPM key function works as it should. On 2.5.6.43931

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

I'm on latest OB (2.5.6.43931).

Seems that when you press a keybind to decrease RPM the in sim toggle goes down in increments.....you can then use the increase RPM keybind to return the toggle switch to center position (by increments again) but it won't go beyond that.

Oops.

:pilotfly:

Yep same issue.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 4 weeks later...

I mapped the throttle to 2 of the buttons on my joystick.

I had to clear all other settings for "Throttle Up" and "Throttle Down" before it would work, by selecting the joystick column then clicking on "Clear" then double clicking on the joystick column and pressing the button I wanted to map.

Did it physically work in the sim? Because I had no problem binding the key, its just that particular key bind is disconnected from the helicopter and doesnt function.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Did it physically work in the sim? Because I had no problem binding the key, its just that particular key bind is disconnected from the helicopter and doesnt function.

Yes. I use it to roll throttle on and off at start up/shut down, autorotations, and any other time I want to adjust throttle. Works great.:pilotfly:

I had a similar issue where the buttons didn't want to work, then I cleared the field as I described above and it worked.

I don't remember if setting bindings in "Sim" or "Game" will set it in the other one, so you might want to check that to.

Edited by LuckyFromArma

Dont think you understand which key press you're talking about...this isnt specifically for the throttle, its for the governor; its a toggle switch that adjusts the RPM in small increments without rolling the throttle. For example: the one I have the mouse hovering on on the collective. Yes, I was able to map it. Yes, it functions as it should in the key bind menu. The key bind itself is broken as its disconnected from the ship.

V0tDneN.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

Dont think you understand which key press you're talking about...this isnt specifically for the throttle, its for the governor; its a toggle switch that adjusts the RPM in small increments without rolling the throttle. For example: the one I have the mouse hovering on on the collective. Yes, I was able to map it. Yes, it functions as it should in the key bind menu. The key bind itself is broken as its disconnected from the ship.

I have "Throttle Up" and "Throttle Down" mapped to 2 buttons on my joystick; when I press one of the buttons the throttle moves in a small increment. If I hold the button down the throttle moves until it hits it's limit.

To get the gov switch to work with a button/key you have to assign a button/key to "Increase Turbine RPM" and "Decrease Turbine RPM" as sunwukong said before.

The Gov Control Switch will work as long as you have the Gov in Auto; the gov will go down to the bottom of the yellow at about the 60 mark, and will go up to the red line.

Edited by LuckyFromArma

Thats not the key command thats broken.

My wallpaper and skins

Thats not the key command thats broken.

What's not the key command that's broken? Lol

I mean what key command IS broken?

You said you wanted to assign keys/buttons to control the gov up and down in increments; right? That's how you do it, by assigning the key/buttons to the Turbine RPM Up/Down when you press those keys/buttons the gov toggle switch on the collective flips up/down and the RPMs go up/down on the tachometer.

I think I see what you're saying now. Which keys are you trying to assign?

Edited by LuckyFromArma

THIS KEY COMMAND. DISCONNECTED FROM THE AIRCRAFT. NO BUENO. DOES NOT WORK.

1788806178_Annotation2020-03-19154214.thumb.jpg.205dce993bd917dc829b70267f48c971.jpg

My wallpaper and skins

THIS KEY COMMAND. DISCONNECTED FROM THE AIRCRAFT. NO BUENO. DOES NOT WORK.

Does the button work with other programs?

I just realized I have Version 2.5.5.41371 and I think you have Version 2.5.6; did the button work before the update?

I wonder why I didn't get the update, or is 2.5.6 an open beta?

[REPORTED]Key press inop for Increase Turbine RPM

governor rpm toggle behaviour broke on ob 2.5.6

throttle works fine

rpm toggle issue has been reported

we wait for next dcs update

will report back then to confirm if it is fixed or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sunwukong

Seit 2.5.6 habe ich dasselbe Problem:

Turbinendrehzahl runter funktioniert mit meinem "Thrustmaster Warthog" Throttle Nr. 5 Das Gegenteil : Triebwerksdrehzahl hoch mit meinem "Thrustmaster Warthog" Throttle Nr. 3 klappt nicht. Wobei ich die Funktion mit der Maus (re. Maustaste) im Cockpit erledigen kann, eben wie im richtigen Leben. Ich würde es aber gerne wieder, wie vor 2.5.6 am Thrustmaster schalten.

Grüße

Golfplatz

Edited by Golfplatz
falsche Darstellung

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]