Intel or AMD config for DCS

Your best bet is to find a good independent computer shop that does custom builds. If you have teenage kids in your life ask them where people are going for building gaming rigs.

Turnkey rigs like that Corsair can be tricky. They may be ok or there may be forms of "lock-in" with respect to the components selected. The upgrade path from there might be blocked.

Also, a lot of these custom boxes don't have great cooling.

When looking at machines or components I don't recommend doing mini-ITX unless you yourself are technically savvy enough to know what you are getting into. It's cool to have 20lbs of computer equipment in a 10lb bag but you have to know what you are doing. As a general rule a small case has special cooling requirements and gaming rigs can have huge heat loads.

What you want is the most CPU single thread performance you can get. Anything over 4 cores is great.

Then you want the best GPU you can afford with lots of VRAM on it.

Then 16GB to 32GB or RAM with low latency, matched to your motherboard and CPU.

I ended up upgrading the SSD in my machine to 1TB. It's plenty big and enough space for all teh sims I care about. You can do M2 but it's overkill IMO. Sitting at the console the speed difference is not a big deal.

Lots of USB 3.x/2.x ports are nice to have to plug all the sticks, wheels, etc. into.

The rest is case, cooling, power supply.

HTH

i2500K @ 4.2GHz, gtx 1080, 16Gb Ram for 3840x1600 WQHD. 60fps.

TiR, x52pro throttle, vkb gunfighter mkIII pro, Thrustmaster TPR.

This is where I put my money on.

DCS runs on everything you can buy as of now. Ok - no ingame msaa - but f*** it when you can run it on 3840x1600!

Decent hotas - by far more fun, then throwing usless money on the cpu.

And yes, I do hope for vulcan and all it's magic, too.

But then we can by the next gen ryzen or maybe 10nm intel (*cough*) and 30XX rtx.

Save money on cpu and put it on monitor, hotas, TrackIR or VR.

i2500K @ 4.2GHz, gtx 1080, 16Gb Ram for 3840x1600 WQHD. 60fps.

TiR, x52pro throttle, vkb gunfighter mkIII pro, Thrustmaster TPR.

This is where I put my money on.

DCS runs on everything you can buy as of now. Ok - no ingame msaa - but f*** it when you can run it on 3840x1600!

Decent hotas - by far more fun, then throwing usless money on the cpu.

And yes, I do hope for vulcan and all it's magic, too.

But then we can by the next gen ryzen or maybe 10nm intel (*cough*) and 30XX rtx.

Save money on cpu and put it on monitor, hotas, TrackIR or VR.

lol

The TE owns a 2600k and this CPU is obviously not enough for a decent framerate on a Pimax. So recommending a 2500k is really strange. Especially in VR you want a constant and decent framerate. Otherwise you will get sick as f...

First line is what I am running atm.

This is almost 10 years old - of course you do not want something like this anymore - all I am saying is, that I am running my system with good results STILL. Just to pronounce that DCS does not need that much cpu power.

All (fast single thread performance, 4+ cores) you can buy as of now will get you sufficient cpu power.

The point is that I doubt that as of now you will see noticeable performance gain buying a 3900 vs a 3600. 200$ I'd invest in better hotas or graphics card.