Greetings...

Bushmaster

Well, if you are from one of those Falcon forums, you might know me well, let me greet you from Iraq where I am stationed, happy to drop by here and observe the development of what seems to be the best representation of rotary wing simulators out there, looks very promising, and I will be glad to assist and inform in any way I am capable.

Though, until we get the best attack helo in the world modelled, it won't be complete...

Greetings and ... oh, it is morning already... good morning... :pilotfly:

http://cms.images.morris.com/savannah/mdControlled/cms/2007/02/18/149449686.jpg

I've been seeing your birds flying over the airport recently, looks like training or test flights *shrug*. I take it you're in 3-3? I hear "Viper" on the radio all the time, but I think they are 1-3 (my old unit back in the 2nd Arm. Div. days). Can you give me some of your company call signs (or battalion if that's what you guys use)? If you feel it's a security thing you don't need to tell me, or maybe PM them to me. I'm just curious because I hear a lot of traffic on the radio when I'm out flying and it's interesting to know who is who. Not earth-shattering if you can't tell me. ;)

You don't know/remember a SSG Horelka by any chance, do you? He's a 15Y instructor at Eustis.

Oh! And welcome to the forums! :D

Dammit! People around here drives around in nice Jeep and cool Beamer and ass kicker AH-64 while I get around in my dingy, lilly white fag bike. That's what we call a not quite motorcycle and not quite a mopet in Thailand. Hey, at least it got automatic transmission. jejeje

Good to see you guys here. Welcome to Flankerton! :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

You don't know/remember a SSG Horelka by any chance, do you? He's a 15Y instructor at Eustis.

Ya, I will PM you... No, I don't think callsigns are classified, their comms are secure as far as I know to the bad guys though.

Horelka, the bald dude? He was hilarious and yes was an instructor back when I was there in 2004.

Horelka, the bald dude? He was hilarious and yes was an instructor back when I was there in 2004.

Yep, that's him! He was my best friend back in high school, we're still great friends and I catch up with him when I can. He's about to switch jobs and leave Eustis, I think he's getting sick of the place. ;)

Anyway, be safe and enjoy the smell of burning trash (I know I do)!

Hehehe, Bushmaster will be running across the airfield from chopper to chopper, starting them up for the less experienced simmers :megalol:

Welcome, now all we need is:

- AH-64D crew chief

- AH-64D CPG

- AH-64A CPG

- OH-58D crew chief

- OH-58D co-pilot

... And someone from Lockheed Martin avionics department :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

• ED Team
Well, if you are from one of those Falcon forums, you might know me well, let me greet you from Iraq where I am stationed, happy to drop by here and observe the development of what seems to be the best representation of rotary wing simulators out there, looks very promising, and I will be glad to assist and inform in any way I am capable.

Though, until we get the best attack helo in the world modelled, it won't be complete...

Greetings and ... oh, it is morning already... good morning... :pilotfly:

http://cms.images.morris.com/savannah/mdControlled/cms/2007/02/18/149449686.jpg

Glad you make it John. Welcome.

Hehehe, Bushmaster will be running across the airfield from chopper to chopper, starting them up for the less experienced simmers :megalol:

- AH-64D crew chief

- AH-64D CPG

- AH-64A CPG

- OH-58D crew chief

- OH-58D co-pilot

Give me about...four more months and you'll have your CPG. And welcome Bushmaster!

Brad

Yep, that's him! He was my best friend back in high school, we're still great friends and I catch up with him when I can. He's about to switch jobs and leave Eustis, I think he's getting sick of the place.

Anyway, be safe and enjoy the smell of burning trash (I know I do)!

SSG Horelka was already bored of that place when he was brand new. That should tell about Eustis. I don't know what part of base you are at, probably other side of the terminal, we don't get much trash smoke where I am at. :)

Bushmaster, I will need your help just turning my chopper on.

Ok... what can we do for you? :) Here is an interesting story. Back in 2005, my current unit deployed to Iraq and they were at Taji, (I only heard this, I was at Korea at the time) one of the crew chief's got in the pilot station and P was running, throttles were not idle, I don't know how he did it, he managed to fall on his arm or something and started the engines, and rotor engaged, chopper lifted off, tail started spinning out of control, my former plt sgt jumped into the cockpit, pulled throttles to idle and applied rtr brake, and brought the chopper to halt. There was considerable damage tothe aircraft but he got a bronze star for his actions if I am not mistaken... Let's not repeat something similar... :pilotfly:

Hehehe, Bushmaster will be running across the airfield from chopper to chopper, starting them up for the less experienced simmers

- AH-64D crew chief

- AH-64D CPG

- AH-64A CPG

- OH-58D crew chief

- OH-58D co-pilot

If we have a AH-64 pilot, they do both, pilot and cpg so do OH-58D co-pilot/pilots.

... And someone from Lockheed Martin avionics department
We got a Boeing rep, but why LM? For the Arrowhead?

Glad you make it John. Welcome.

Thanks Matt...

If y'all haven't seen it yet, http://thedeadhand.com/Resources/DeadHandJournal/tabid/160/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/328/Lucky-Dog.aspx

Thought there is some additional training for CPG - like in case of WSOs in Air Force. Then we have most people we need, those Delta Apache, and Kiowa Warrior - crew chiefs are only problem now :smilewink:

Lockheed makes the Arrowhead, but also radar jammers and is partner with the Longbow FCR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thought there is some additional training for CPG - like in case of WSOs in Air Force.

Whizzos are a different ball game, but to my knowledge there is no additional training, just TEDAC maybe but that is nothing whole a lot. The rest of the stuff in the back and front is the same. What I would need additional training on is the thumb switch for TADS control, darn thing is inverted, when you pull it down, it goes up. Anytime we work on it and I play around, it throws me off. :D :D :D

Thought there is some additional training for CPG - like in case of WSOs in Air Force.

Both pilots in an Apache are the same "job", technically speaking. You start out in the front seat doing the CPG job, then over time you "graduate" to the back seat. But both crew members are trained the same. That is, they are generally interchangeable.

Both pilots in an Apache are the same "job", technically speaking. You start out in the front seat doing the CPG job, then over time you "graduate" to the back seat. But both crew members are trained the same. That is, they are generally interchangeable.

Though in units, generally, you would find that higher ranking pilot flies front seat. If it was up to me, I would fly front seat my whole career... :)

Heheh, until you're crammed into that very, very tight front seat for a flight of 1.1 hours watching the ground rush up to you at roughly 5400 + feet a minute during an auto and you realize that if the guy in the back seat screws up, you're the one to pay for it the worst. I pray I get PIC when I finally get out of Rucker as soon as I can, just so I don't have to sit up front to long and go 'oh god, please god just let the guy in back NOT be one of those out for glory guns a blazin, chargin' guys. Heheh, but thats just me ;)

Brad

Heheh, until you're crammed into that very, very tight front seat for a flight of 1.1 hours watching the ground rush up to you at roughly 5400 + feet a minute during an auto and you realize that if the guy in the back seat screws up, you're the one to pay for it the worst. I pray I get PIC when I finally get out of Rucker as soon as I can, just so I don't have to sit up front to long and go 'oh god, please god just let the guy in back NOT be one of those out for glory guns a blazin, chargin' guys. Heheh, but thats just me ;)

Brad

Tight? Probably with all that flight gear, especially in the desert... though I never found it tight so that I would feel crammed, hmmm... It gives me more comfort because ifront station sinks compared to the back which gives me the feeling I am always sitting on a high chair. Anyway, I will find out in due time, I am assuming you don't have unit assignment yet, but here in 3d CAB, I have not seen a WO1 or 2nd, or even 1st LT in the rear yet. You'll have more freedom once you pin W2. :smartass: CAB Commander always flies CPG. :)

Commissioned officers very rarely fly back seat. That's because they are supposed to be commanding the flight/platoon/company, not flying a helicopter. The guy in back is the pilot-in-command, and in my experience was (most of the time) the senior ranking warrant officer in the aircraft. I never knew a pilot that wanted to stay in the front seat for long.

I haven't yet. I've only been in the Apache course about, well...two or three months, but only flying the past month. I've got a whopping 13.6 hours as of right now, by the end of today I should have 14.7, and be way to close to my first check ride for comfort. I'll then start the bag. I know where i'd like to go, but uncle same always has his way of ensuring you go elsewhere (least that's what i've learned in my short time in the Army).

Brad

- AH-64D crew chief

- AH-64D CPG

- AH-64A CPG

- OH-58D crew chief

- OH-58D co-pilot

You missed "current Mi-17 pilot". You could also phrase this in the positive, it'll look more impressive.

I don't know if they'll make flyable Mi-8/17 at all, but I know there's Mi-24 crew chief who look here from time to time, but can't post - have some trouble with registration, or something :) . As you see I also didn't write that part, so... I'm more wester oriented :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]