damage on weapons

toutenglisse

Question / suggestion.

When warbirds are hit for exemple on a wing near a gun, this gun is damaged. But with modern aircraft there is no damage on weapons (except if you loose the part weapons are attached to, for exemple a half wing of a Ka50).

Here in this exemple wing is damaged, but Mavs being hit are still operational.

damage-on-weapons.thumb.jpg.6238a513f32f87e4cb05e08b85357df4.jpg

There's no difference between warbirds and modern aircraft here, but there's a difference between external stores (e.g. bombs, missiles) and internal guns. Internal guns can get dammaged, as they're a part of the aircraft. This doesn't just apply to the warbirds, but also to modern aircraft like the A-10C. External stores on the other hand can not get dammaged as they are not a part of the aircraft and there is no dammage model for stores, neither for warbird stores nor for modern aircraft stores.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes you said it better (and I remember I had lost gun on Ka50 once or twice).

Question is will damage model be applied to external storage ?

I don't think so, at least as long as they're attached to the aircraft. They can be destroyed after that (example: JSOWs can be shot down, but won't get damaged if you're hit).

I also remember my gun jamming or being otherwise not operational in the A-10C, after heavy damage to the nose.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I believe I've experienced this on the F15C gun as well. I have not seen it on the 18C or other FC3 units. That said...I'd hope any work on updated damage modeling would include some basic effects for external weaponry and their racks, like stores that wont drop, duds, and even an armed warhead that detonates after taking a super (un)lucky hit from a gun

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: