Saved Controller Assignment file.

Hello.

I have for all my, aircraft's,UI,CA and General, files with the profile saved.

I wanted to make sure that they were up to date and saved them from within DCS.

BUT if there is no assignments to the profile DCS will ask "The file exsits,do you wish to overwrite" ... and then deletes the file.:mad:

How do I prevent this from happening?

OR

How do I prevent DCS from automatically assigning buttons and axis to my profiles?:mad:

You haven't explained how you're saving your profile. What are your flight controls, do you use the software that comes with your throttle and stick? Do you use the DCS controls to set up your controls. How long have you had this problem. A little more information would help others to help you.

I use DCS to save the profiles.

At the moment I use VKB Stick, Virpil Throttle, Komodo UH1 Collective, Thustmaster Rudder Pedals, CH Quadrant, Razer Tartaru v2 Chroma and MS Panel ( button box) + mouse and keyboard.

For Virpil, VKB, CH Quad and Razer i use their software to configure/program them.

I use DCS the "Save as" to save every single controller for every single module.

I cant say for how long i have had this problem, I just started beeing annoyed that some times when i fx reconfigure the Virpil it will get a new name in Windows and there for be detected as a new controller, so I decided to save all my profiles once and for all, and this is when i discovered the problem.

But I have since observed ... that it mayby only effects NON modules .. eg General, UI layer ... so it has shrunk to a minor problem.

But still DCS shouldent ask to overwrite a file and then just delete it.

Hi Zappovitz

I used to save my setup in other programs CH Manger etc. I also have the VKB and just assign all

the axis and stick buttons inside DCS, same with the CH throttle I'm still using.

You dont't have to Save as, DCS will auto save when you assign each axis and buttons per aircraft.

To back this up copy this or the whole folder. I genelly backup the full DCS[OpenBeta] folder from Saved Games area from time to time.

C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[OpenBeta]\Config\Input\Aircraft_name\

This is also where you will see all different "new joysticks" windows creates, this is usually from these external controller programs and or you changing usb ports.

You can rename the controllers back to the old name that was used that's still in this folder. Just start to assign the "newly named controller" and DCS will add the new name, then change this name back to the old joystick name etc.

This usually doesn't happen when programming within DCS.

If saving from inside DCS it seems you have to select or "highlight each column" and then "save as".

For each "aircraft" and control "column".

FC3 - F15 - Stick (Column Save as) "FC315Stick"

FC3 - F15 - Throttle (Column Save as) "FC315Throttle"

FC3 - F15 Keyborad (Column Save as) "FC315Keyboard"

All saved separately with it's own name.

How do it know this and how it works?

Been meaning to do a video on FC3 aircraft setup.

I setup the "one aircraft" Su-27 or F15 and save each column like above. Stick, Throttle, Keyboard

Then import each "separate column" into EVERY FC3 aircraft F-15, Mig-29, Su-25, Su25T

Then make a few changes to the Ground attack aircraft controls. (Few extras)

This makes them all pretty much the same config (Easy to remember) and can be fully set backup in minutes.

See me clear all the DCS auto assigned columns here.

and here

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I'm in a similar boat here with the latest firmware update I lost all the keybinds for my Virpil stick. How can I copy the "old" joystick column if it is not showing in game? Or do I have to be proactive save it now for later hiccups?

DCS keybinds have been hell for me, just because there are so many aircraft to bind and re-bind over and over :joystick:

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

If you program them in DCS always keep a copy of

C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[OpenBeta]or Stable

You can then copy this folder back or parts of it etc.

C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[OpenBeta]\Config\

If DCS or you create a new Save Game folder, say on your new pc etc.

A New Joystick seen by DCS

I believe you can just change the device name to your old file. I have heard you need to "start" to bind so DCS "starts" the new config file for that controller. (Build New File)

Using that new device id file created (Copy it out to desktop), apply that name to the "old file" that's already setup with "everything bound" and copy this one back to that folder.

Not done this myself as I've been setup for quite some time. But I do have a backup ready if needed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=229630&stc=1&d=1583835069

Or yes you can save each and every device column per plane in game.

That's why it's easier to keep a copy of the saved games folder and only bring across whats needed so you don't corrupt the newly created Same games folder using the old one.

If you mess up or (DCS has changed to much) copying a joystick file for "whatever aircraft" just delete it. DCS will build a new one, then try again or start binding.:(

Input_Joystick.jpg.6154ef07f785cf081421d31641f513d7.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link