RE: Red Force Departure Routes Chart

Hippo

What does "ON FLEX" mean? e.g. not above 8000 ON FLEX.

What do the five triangles mean (next to remain within 4 nm)?

Thx.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I've just picked this up today and not gotten into it just yet. But a quick read through the documentation shows that FLEX is the name of one of the air corridors.

You can find the relevent information on Page 21 of the RF IFG NTTR.pdf document found in "Your DCS Install Folder\Mods\campaigns\FA-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign\Doc"

FLEX appears to be a navigation point 4 nm away from LSV on the 335 radial. I don't know how a pilot following the chart is supposed to interpret the words "ON FLEX". It appears in four places on the chart.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

@Hippo

ON FLEX means on the FLEX Departure route. Page 10 of the inflight guide describes the route and altitudes you should keep when on the route.

For example below 3000 until past the race track then below 8000 while on FLEX until you intercept the 15 DME arc to turn south. Then you intercept the LSV R-267 radial at or about 10200 until you reach FYTTR.

You should be at or above 14000 at FYTTR.

Hope that helps.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

on the FLEX Departure route

Hope that helps.

Yes it does, thank you. Sorry - I hadn't worked out that FLEX was also the name of the departure procedure.

P.S. What does the line of five triangles on the chart (p9) represent?

Edited by Hippo