F-16C Arab Spring Campaign

Florence201

Just to report an issue, I couldn't complete mission 11 (TARCAP). After reviewing the mission in the editor and the tacview file, I noticed a flight of MiG-25s that activated but did not taxi to the runway. After about an hour Id hoped there was a mission complete message that I missed so I RTB'd.

Got a question. I am a newbie so be patient. First I cannot communicate with my wingman. The radio is on and set to VHF 135.00 mhz. But they do not respond. Can communicate with the awacs and tower but not my Flight. Also when I request taxy to runway they tell me to taxy to runway 10. Kish runways are numbered 27L and 27R and 60L and 60R. Also when I come in for a landing I am told to use runway 28. No Runway 28 only 27L and 27R and 60L and 60R. Can someone explain this.

I occasionally have the same comms issue in the F-16, though I havent had any issues with this campaign. Only thing I can suggest is make sure you use the VHF transmit comms key instead of the easy comms key.

The runway headings at Kish are wonky. The two digits are rounded to the nearest 10 degrees of magnetic heading. So if a runway heading is 278 it should be labeled '28' and the opposite direction '10'. It might be an issue with the game, or an issue with the runway and what world magnetic model they were using at the time that causes a discrepancy in the game. I set my course knob to 090 for runway 09 "runway 10" and it's spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to report an issue, I couldn't complete mission 11 (TARCAP). After reviewing the mission in the editor and the tacview file, I noticed a flight of MiG-25s that activated but did not taxi to the runway. After about an hour Id hoped there was a mission complete message that I missed so I RTB'd.

It may have even been an airborne flight that landed. I'll look into tweaking mission goals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Mission 2: Cheavy group (harriers) supposed to kill only sa-8s but instead killed the whole t-90 convoy along with MQ-Reaper "Watcher" Hellfires.

Left a full-packed F-16 flight (me and the boyz) to kill a single transport Kraz to omplete the mission.

FAULTY LOADOUTS OR MISSION DESIGN?

Anyways, not funny at all....

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

Mission 2: Cheavy group (harriers) supposed to kill only sa-8s but instead killed the whole t-90 convoy along with MQ-Reaper "Watcher" Hellfires.

Left a full-packed F-16 flight (me and the boyz) to kill a single transport Kraz to omplete the mission.

FAULTY LOADOUTS OR MISSION DESIGN?

Anyways, not funny at all....

Are you playing in MP with cold jets? The barriers should be just in front of you during the transit. If you’re having issues, then add a time more than trigger to activate them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, don't know if it is a DCS problem or something in mission editor, but AI is missing their targets, mission 6 with anti ship, don't know how to do it since the ordinance the player has is not enough to destroy the 2 ships, and AI just cant hit them.

Mission 2 as well, AI missing targets, and player laser guided bombs cant hit probably cause of jtac lasing?

Hi, don't know if it is a DCS problem or something in mission editor, but AI is missing their targets, mission 6 with anti ship, don't know how to do it since the ordinance the player has is not enough to destroy the 2 ships, and AI just cant hit them.

Mission 2 as well, AI missing targets, and player laser guided bombs cant hit probably cause of jtac lasing?

With M6, task them to attack group first, as for some reason if your bombs disable the ships AI won’t attack. Plus, feel free to change loadout as required prior to engine start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With M6, task them to attack group first, as for some reason if your bombs disable the ships AI won’t attack. Plus, feel free to change loadout as required prior to engine start.

Yep I tried that too let them attack first, they do attack them but they are missing them with laser guided bombs.

and 4x4 = 16x GB12

Each does about 12-14% dmg to them, so I think that is enough bombs but the problem is that they don't hit them.

In mission 2 same happens, I tried changing their loadout to dumb bombs cause I thought JTAC was making problems, but they miss with those as well.

Edited by Furiz

That’s a DCS thing I can’t change I’m afraid. They bombed the ship ok when it was built

Yea I think so too, I finished the campaign before, doing it again but now I've stumbled on this issue where they are just missing... and its only f16 AI the F18 AI is hitting targets.

I just played this mission last week in the current Stable build and it worked fine. Wingmen all had 100% accuracy with GBU drops on the ships. The wingmen even had a few bombs left over after both ships were sunk.

Yep I tried that too let them attack first, they do attack them but they are missing them with laser guided bombs.

and 4x4 = 16x GB12

Each does about 12-14% dmg to them, so I think that is enough bombs but the problem is that they don't hit them.

4 x GBU-10 (PAIR to each boat) thumbup.gif And does not need AI help....

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

You don’t need to change ME for this, just request rearm when the battery and backup radio are powered on. My load outs are only suggested and by no means hard and fast mustn’t swap.

Yea but your anti ship mission for F-16c starts up in the Air ;D

New version released to fix mission11. However, mission goal had nothing to do with MiG25's, it's all about MiG29s hint hint

Unpossible to complete mission 11. After information " ALL FLIGHTS, THIS IS OVERLORD.

SIGINT INDICATES FIGHTERS LAUNCHING FROM SHIRAZ AIRBASE.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT" - 8 MIG-21 takeoff from SHIRAZ and they was shooted down by another F-16. And only 4 crushed MIG-25 on SHIRAZ taxiway and no more!

I waited half an hour .... !! RTB - ZERO!

P,S Version 11.06.2020

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Unpossible to complete mission 11. After information " ALL FLIGHTS, THIS IS OVERLORD.

SIGINT INDICATES FIGHTERS LAUNCHING FROM SHIRAZ AIRBASE.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT" - 8 MIG-21 takeoff from SHIRAZ and they was shooted down by another F-16. And only 4 crushed MIG-25 on SHIRAZ taxiway and no more!

I waited half an hour .... !! RTB - ZERO!

P,S Version 11.06.2020

i'd have to investigate this as it appears you're playing in MP and it was never designed for that. What are the mission goals in the ME? (I'm not near my pc to check)

Edited by Florence201

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'd have to investigate this as it appears you're playing in MP and it was never designed for that. What are the mission goals in the ME? (I'm not near my pc to check)

I play in SP, no MP !

TARCAP For Ground Strike missions

• 1 month later...
hi!!

it is impossible to fulfill the second mission, the wingman do not attack the targets.

when I tell them to attack mission objectives they go somewhere else

OK, that is a DCS AI issue i'm afraid. One of the ways round it I've found is to attack the target your self, then get them to carry out mission and rejoin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]