Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)

Avimimus

Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Anglo medium fighters (what would you like to see?)

• F-16
    • F/A-18
    • Tornado ADV
    • Sea Harrier (eg. FRS2)
    • F4F

Definately the F/A-18. Although I really would like to see a Harrier, the Hornet has gone unseen since Janes F/A-18, and that was a Superbug so it hardly counts anyway. Hornet is like the F-16 of the Navy, but it has unholy low-speed maneuverability and, IMO, much cooler looks and cockpit. I think the F-16 should be permanently out of the running because it's been in Falcon 4.0, Allied Force, RedViper, cantremember, and soon will be in FighterOps. Hornet first, Harrier in close second, both bring great IRL scenarios to the table.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

F/A 18. If we see ANOTHER F 16 many of us will die of boredom (joking). Now the Hornet is a different story. It is THE workhorse of the US Navy, is multirole, comes in a night attack 2 seat variant (great for those 2 cockpit options) AND is flown by many airforces (U.S, Australia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Canada, Finland, Spain, Switzerland) plus allows for Allied carrier ops. Its also an excellent matchup for the Mig 29 and Su 27 and is both used as a mud mover and a fast mover. So its an interesting plane plus should sell well and appeal to the U.S market as well as several european nations.

I vote for both C and D models. They're almost the same plane, but each has advantages and disadvantages at the same time. The C has the advantage of looking better and being able to fly yourself (I don't feel comfortable trusting ANYTHING to AI, even if they are upgraded). The D therefore almost demands online play but can give you a great SA boost (can you say two JHMCS?). Speaking of which, it would be nice to get some AIM-9X with any future Hornet module, it is the first USN plane to get them (F-15 is first USAF by the way :music_whistling:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

I'm torn beneath the ADV and the FRS.2. As has already been pointed out the Hornet and Falcon have been done to death, plus it would be great to see a dedicated interceptor like the ADV in a simulator. It hasn't been done well since Tornado! by Digital Integration in 1993.

Tornado (Please !!)

The Tornado's not actually that good an aircraft . . .

It's a low-level strike aircraft adapted to be an interceptor - maneuvrability isn't that great, top speed isn't brilliant, maneuvrability is poor and if you model the original Blue Circle radar . . . . . ;)

It's designed to loiter. Not fun.

Sea Harrier FA2 all the way!

The Tornado's not actually that good an aircraft . . .

<snip>

I've been around tornado's for most of my life, they are in my blood :P

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Tornado for me

I vote the Tornado but only in the ground attack version. No need for another cloning for the F/A18, in my book. As an interdiction plane flying in the maps of BS, with two-seat multiplayer ability, I foresee a great simming experince. Quite frankly it would be something a little different too. I find that refreshing. No super glass cockpit, and latest radar do-dads. In fact I think a heightened sense of vulnerability would increase the immersive pucker factor. Also, perhaps the biggest factor might be the availablity of technical info to help produce a high fidelity model. I don't see that happening with an F/A18, let alone a Longobow or an A10c any time soon.

So Ginger Lacey says TORNADO! :thumbup:

Flyby

ps Ginger actually said "Spitfire" in the car commercials of the early 70s. ;)

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

F/A-18. Like they said, we don't need another F-16 sim. I like head to head A2A battles online. (and I don't really like the F-16. I find it boring.)

The F/A-18 can do almost anything it's asked to do frankly. Why not have this plane at our disposal?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

...a HARRIER :thumbup:...should B unique on the flight sim. market...especially with DCS features :pilotfly:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

watch out for a DCS Harrier

...a HARRIER :thumbup:...should B unique on the flight sim. market...especially with DCS features :pilotfly:

You'll just get yourself killed! ;) Best fly the Tornado. That way if anything goes wrong you can always blame the GIB.

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry: