How do I hook up to catapult after landing on carrier

Capn kamikaze

So here is what I've done on Banklers 5.10 mission to make it work with f18.

1. Spawn on Catapult and go around and land (it throws errors for every time it would normally give you feedback. Just hit Enter on your keyboard to resume.)

2. Once on deck and kind of lined up on catapult one, contact ATC and request start-up, then request take-off. Blast Doors should come up but you don't connect to catapult. Then abort takeoff and Blast Doors start to go down. Get your launch bar ready and hit "U" on keyboard and it hooks up.

Hope it works for ya'll! :thumbup:

I havent experienced this issue. It sounds like you all are on the beta? Think its possible you were damaged either in the landing or during your flight? Then a repair?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

For me, asking to abort take off via radio menu makes the trick. Then I press "U" again and get hooked

That works for me as well. But only for Cat 1 & 2. Cat 3 & 4 throws me away as soon as i press "U" and my plane crashes into the water. Didn´t test it in SP though, but experienced that on every MP server i joined today...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

You have to be in the sweet spot range to the catapult with launch bar down and hit U to hook up...go F2 if needed until you get a visual reference from within the cockpit.

Be in the dark zone behind the shuttle or within 2-3 feet of the zone and it should hook up. If you are at too far laterally left or right, or if you are too far back or forward of the shuttle area, it may not connect you.

Remember to raise your launch bar switch in the cockpit before launching. It will stay connected and enjoy!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The carrier is kinda broken since 2.5.6, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, sometiems it launches you vertically

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Since last patch I've not been able to hook up again.

Bar is down, plane is perfectly aligned, and in the right spot, almost inch perfect, but it won't hook up when pressing "u".

As of 29 Feb 2020, I landed on the Stennis, with the Hornet, and was able to hook up and disconnect from all four catapults!

The carrier is kinda broken since 2.5.6, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, sometiems it launches you vertically

The Lights and COMMs are surely broken now!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]