Help with RET bomb arming

ML1872

I am at a loss as to how to arm a RET bomb. I have tried different missions and training and cannot get the bomb to fuse. I have also followed two u-tube lessons, but to no avail.

Having selected RET, then Auto, then MFUZ to VT 1500, I then select EFUSE to INST and a cross appears through the Prog and RET on the DDI, and Auto on the HUD.

Grateful for help in establishing the correct procedure for arming a RET bomb.

Many thanks.

Use VT and set EFUZ to OFF, if I'm not mistaken, for cluster munitions. VT is used for cluster bombs, not retarded ones.

For retarded bombs, MFUZ to Nose, EFUZ to INST or DLY, choose FF or RET.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

RET is Rockeye - Thermally protected, not Retarded, in this instance ;) So, the CBU-99.

Yes, EFUZ has to be OFF (used to be the reverse).

Also, yes you can use VT (always set HOF to 1500, it is for symbology and ballistics computing, the actual height of burst is set on the ground - can't be changed in DCS), but you have a second option, by using PRI for the MFUZ, you will have the CBU-99 burst 1.2 seconds after release. It is good to have the flexibility.

PS: the VT is actually behaving weirdly and bursting 1.2 seconds after passing 1500 ft, instead of at 1500 ft, which causes problems. Thete was a thread about that recently.