Best Panavia Tornado book?

amalahama

Hi!

I'm looking for a nice complete book about the Panavia tornado: history, development, technical features and operational experiences

There isnt many books about the aircraft to begin with, so my hopes are low, but I'm a true lover and it's worth to try

Best regards

I got the Tornado Hayne's Manual cheap from a garden centre, I'm not saying it's comprehensive by any means but it's a good place to start and I like the pictures in it.

Tornado Down is still a good book, though very little of it is actually about the Tornado itself. It's still worth a read but maybe not if your interest is only the airframe.

Edit: more of a life hack than a book suggestion, but if you want books on a subject, go to its wikipedia page, used Ctrl+ F to open the find option, and search the page for ISBN and that'll point out all the books that wikipedia page sources

Edited by Birko

I don't know if you speak German (your profile location sounds german :D), but if you do then maybe the book Tornado: Technik - Taktik - Einsatz by GAF Lieutenant General Walter Jertz might be what you're looking for. I haven't read it myself, as I'm not so much interested in development, but more in operational experiences but it sounds like it would fit your needs. For operational experiences I can recommend Tornado Boys by RAF Group Captain Ian Hall for a broader coverage of the Tornados actual service history.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg