F-16 Strobe Lights Workaround

⋆UPDATE 2⋆ 03/08/20

Lot of people were complaining about the weakness of strobe lights, including me!

So here is the workaround for it! It's very powerful now and reflects from the ground and body!

siqyu4ul_o.gif

For those interested, I attached both the F-16C.lua (if you'll replace the .lua file take a backup or rename the original as.lua.bak) and a so called "mod" JSGME compatible.

I tested the Anti Collision Knob, it works in every stage (1,2,3,4,A,B,C) So no problems there!

My aim was to add some immersion and real life look to the game. I hope you can enjoy it.

(OBSOLETE FOR NEW VERSION)

1-Turn off Anti Collision knob. Assuming that you start at night, AC knob is on position 1.

NEW UPDATED PROCEDURE AS OF MARCH 8

If you start the same mission with ''FLY AGAIN'' button, the sequence does not start everytime on one knob turn. After many tests, new procedure would be:

Assuming that you start at night, AC knob is on position 1.

1 - Turn the MASTER light knob all the way to NORM.

2 - Turn off Anti Collision knob.

3 - Then turn on Anti-Collison lights to 1. If it does not start turn off and turn to 1 again until you see the lights working, you can now set the A/C light position to whatever you like.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Sometimes it does not initiate the sequence at the start of the mission.(Hot start) In that case turn off and on, the MASTER switch, until you see lights working (I did it twice). Sometimes it starts right away, sometimes does not. I tested a lot, tried every option to see if I can find a way around: No joy

NOT KNOWN / NOT TESTED

MULTIPLAYER IC

I DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW MULTIPLAYER START PAGE LOOKS LIKE SO DON'T ASK!!!!!! I never fly MP, don't know , not interested!

If you have any doubt that this file will break something or cause problems, do not even attempt to install.I give no guarantee whatsoever.

I don't see it as a mod as how we consider the ''Modding'' word. That is why the title is ''Workaround''. ED created the natostrobelight option and somehow did not integrate it except few AI helicopters and A-10C, so only thing I've made was to adapt the option into F-16.That's it!

And how it all started:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4226238#post4226238

F-16 New Strobe Light.zip

F-16C.lua

Edited by Ryback

Great work! That’s how it should look!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

bad question: why can't ED deliver these things ? :music_whistling:

is it too realistic ?

It’s not a bad question at all. Same with the MFD brightness issue. They just copied the solutions of one of the users on this forum, and voila, brighter MFD. Probably these bright strobe lights (as it should be, just with the a10c), will be added after two more months of complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks very nice ... :thumbup: ( i try it for F-16 and F-18 )

but the Workaround did not pass pure client integrity check :cry:

at least, there are one or two lines of code ...

why did not implemented ED this in this brightness ?

what may be the reason ? (it looks too good ? no ! :D)

too much ...

Looks nice, but not a lua savvy so no go for me.

For emersion, I took a real life strobe light and put it behind me. Caution: u might get unappreciated track-ir effects ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Added this to my JSGME folder and it works great for my AI wingmen, but not for me. In fact i have no strobe at all. Any guidance??
Try cycling the Master knob from off to Norm and/or the A/C knob from off to 1 until it works. Look at the Updated Procedures and Known Issues on the OP's post.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Try cycling the Master knob from off to Norm and/or the A/C knob from off to 1 until it works. Look at the Updated Procedures and Known Issues on the OP's post.

Tried that buddy, but no joy. I'll see if replacing the original .lua works better rather than JSGME

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried that buddy, but no joy. I'll see if replacing the original .lua works better rather than JSGME

I'm looking into it. Something prevents it from starting. Viper's AC lights are not on and off like others it's very complicated, so bear with me here, if you like to use it.

Thank you.

it is better if ED make it a menu option like cockpit tint or from the brighter cockpit switch

same for me sometimes does not work

Can't understand why DCS doesn't make the lights this way. It looks much better. :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Can't understand why DCS doesn't make the lights this way. It looks much better. :thumbup:

This !! +1

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we intend to address soon.

Thanks

That's great news, Wags. It would be great if you could also address the same thing in the Hornet (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4226238#post4226238). It's more difficult to deal with, because the two strobe lights on the vertical stabs share a single argument right now.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we intend to address soon.

Thanks

That's great!

The F18 has been modded as well and it looks better but we can only get one side to work. Hopefully, the F18 beacon will get some love from ED.

Thanks!

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR