Please remove baked in cockpit reflections!

Lennoxonnell

The baked in reflections inside the cockpit are absolutely gross. They only look correct when viewed at from the right angle, and even then they can still be washed out by the in game lighting and look absolutely atrocious. Almost as if they are translucent stickers on the glass...

Example: https://streamable.com/ye41i

These baked in reflections are present in every aircraft, and while I understand that it seems more realistic to have some sort of reflections on the glass surfaces, in practice it looks horrible. It obscures sight pictures, especially in aircraft like the SU-25T which has the green thingy reflected all over the HUD. I feel bad for newbies.

I think I can speak on behalf of over 95% of the community and say that we would much rather see them removed from the game entirely. The new SSLR setting that is in the works could replace this dated baked in reflection nonsense and it would be optional.

Please ED! This needs to be addressed and remedied.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz | GTX 960 | 16gb Crucial Ballistix

F/A-18C | Ka-50 | FC3 | A-10C | P-51D | UH-1H

Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi Lennoxonnell

Reflection issues are reported.

The team are considering making it optional, when we know more we will let you know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Lennoxonnell

Reflection issues are reported.

The team are considering making it optional, when we know more we will let you know.

thanks

Thanks so much BIGNEWY! You have no idea how happy I am to here that. Making them optional would be a huge step in the right direction! Keep up the great work!

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz | GTX 960 | 16gb Crucial Ballistix

F/A-18C | Ka-50 | FC3 | A-10C | P-51D | UH-1H

Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
The new SSLR setting that is in the works could replace this dated baked in reflection

Amen to that. I'm really rooting for this one.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi,

So far I have manage to get rid of the reflections in the F18 & Heuy. No time for the other modules yet.

See this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4237362&postcount=5.

An official in game option to turn them off would be great. Please ED

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro

Weird I have not noticed this in VR at all. Must be too busy looking at the FPS counter.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 1 year later...