VKB Sim F-14 "Tomcat" grip. How to install, flash and calibrate.

AeroGator

Any news on availability from the European retailer or when orders will be openend there?

News from the European retailer can be obtained from the European retailer :D

We are however doing what we can. Express delivery is not [yet] affected. The first EU batch has been flown to Holland a couple of days ago (all pre-ordered for a premium air delivery fee). Next week a container is leaving for Europe to provide for the rest of the gang.

So it is all on the way.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

My new favorite grip! This is very close to my preferred B-8 grip with a few enhancements that make it more comfortable and more capable. I love the soft rubber checkered/diamond texture, which gives the grip an even better feel than my real B-8 grip.

I do see a missed opportunity: the analog flap axis on the side of the stick could have been made to permit a press/click function like the trim hat. This would have made the F-14 grip a better stand-in for B-8 grips. The side button will do the job, but it would be more intuitive to have been able to press down on the analog flap control switch.

This is not the grip to use for flying the F-16, A-10C, F/A-18C or other aircraft with all the extra 4-way hat type controls. But it is great for just about anything else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, don't know what I did wrong but I've run into problems with installing firmware and trying to calibrate.

When I try to calibrate only the X and Y axes are responding. Also none of the button presses seem to be working. And on the black Black Box LED #2 is flashing red.

The grip does show up under Devices and Printers. Only the X and Y axis are showing up as active.

Have attached image showing firmware that was installed.

Any ideas on how I screwed this up??

Pic.thumb.PNG.91c53b4050901d8e918461d55970ff05.PNG

Any ideas on how I screwed this up??

As fallout9 suggested, check and reseat your grip.

In VKBdevCfg, if you see something like this, reseating the grip usually does the trick:

7v4bQPK.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com