Link16/HSD symbology font in the MFD/FCR to small?

nickos86

Hi,

I find it very hard to read any on the numbers or even understand the symbols in the FCR/MFD pages. The fonts are tiny and without zooming in it nearly impossible to read the height of the bandit, the threat number in the middle of a threat circle etc.

ED - Is that the real font size? should it be bigger?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree with OP. Makes it really frustrating, specially flying in VR, and having to lean to read the MFDs, makes me feel like a grandpa :(

I cannot believe it would be so in RL, although I haven‘t been in a real F-16 cockpit

The right way to play DCS is as single player in a monitor, otherwise, you are doing it wrong.:mad:

• 2 months later...
I've made a little font mod regarding slashed 0 which was really a pain to diff vs 8 in VR...

Hopefully it will be of help to some...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308322/

Thank you so much! I'll put it in our squadron sticky, this is a huge improvement over the default and I've often had issues trying to discern whether some guy is a 18k ft or 10k ft for instance.

This is one of the things that has really bothered me about the FCR setup but only recently thought to modify the font. I cannot believe such a basic usability issue would exist in the real jet. There is literally no reason to try to have crossed zeros, this is a standard way to distinguish them against the letter "o" in normal text but you pretty much never have letters in your FCR..

Even the double digit < 10k ft display of "00" is a little questionable but I can see some software arguments behind that.. :)

I agree but I would apply the complaint to all aircraft, at least the one that I have. I bought a 40" TV to play on to try and get the instruments size as close to real life as I can. It didn't work. The F16 is still to small to read and I'll bet the pilot doesn't have to lean forward to read their MFD's. That would be fun trying to do that from a seat leaned back at 30 degrees and pulling a few G's.

The F18 is just the opposite. Everything on the MFD's are so stretched out and fuzzy the that they look to be out of focus. The only way to make them usable is a MOD that I found but I still have to modify that also. AND THIS MOD ISN'T SEEN IF I INSTALL IT IN THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER. I have to install it in the program folder. But that's another issue I'm trying to find a solution for.

I really don't see how you guys with the computer monitors can even play. The symbols would be so small that you would need a magnifying glass to see them.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS