electronic warfare?

TOMCATZ

Hi,

I saw a lot of my missiles pitching up when they try to intercept Su-30`s equipped with Sorbsijas. Is electronic warfare implemented in DCS as countermeasures against enemy weapons? No offence or Bug-hunt- just a question.

Warfare01.jpg

Cheers

Tom

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Im not very good at anything DCS related but I think the first missile from the left is trying to pull lead at the enemy as it seems to be pointing the same way as they are. No idea on the second missile from the left and the third looks to also be leading the aircraft.

The lowest missile, appears to be tracking the countermeasures.

Just my thinking on this, again I am not very good with DCS and still learning.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

AFAIK the only ECM in DCS is simple noise jamming, it might be selective on frequencies used but AFAIK only simple noise jamming is modelled.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

99.9% sure it's a bug. I was testing the updated AMRAAM and it will sometimes pull max g away from the target for no reason.

Previously missiles seemed to become confused if their speed was less than target speed, but since the FM update I've seen this happen even with fast missiles.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files