Trouble picking up targets with new update

drew03tx

Did they add a step or something with the 2.5.6 update for the radar to pick up targets? I was using it just fine beforehand, Radar is on, scan alt and azmuith are good and still only getting the datalink blip but not the white blip to lock on to...what am i missing?

I seem to be having the same issue, enemy got within 20 mile from me the other day and I couldn't for the life of me lock him up - just showing as a red on FCR with no white blip thought the radar may have been ghosting but got visual of him ....after he'd already BVR fired on me :-(

I seem to be having the same issue, enemy got within 20 mile from me the other day and I couldn't for the life of me lock him up - just showing as a red on FCR with no white blip thought the radar may have been ghosting but got visual of him ....after he'd already BVR fired on me :-(

No white square means your radar isn’t seeing him at all, it’s a datalink track. Therefore you can’t lock him. You need to work the antenna elevation and bar settings to locate him with your onboard radar.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

sounds like you may be dealing with peeps that are falling into your radar notch. Try narrowing your beam within 40NM and switching to 2 bar scan. Use the altitude your DL shows to help guide your scan elevation. Also change direction slightly, you want their silhouette to appear different then the surrounding noise (ground clutter). Just ideas!

Check this video out

Edited by ib_

Having radar Spotlight Scan would be super helpful.....narrow focused beam while TMS held FWD.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sounds like you may be dealing with peeps that are falling into your radar notch. Try narrowing your beam within 40NM and switching to 2 bar scan. Use the altitude your DL shows to help guide your scan elevation. Also change direction slightly, you want their silhouette to appear different then the surrounding noise (ground clutter). Just ideas!

Check this video out

No idea about bug, but just a heads up- changing heading does not change TA

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

No idea about bug, but just a heads up- changing heading does not change TA

It should no? Your taking an aircraft that has placed you on their 3-9 and/or above or below where you Doppler can’t see it and manipulating the target in such a way your Doppler is able to differentiate and select the target. This include speed which directly influences TA. Correct?

Fighter heading effects ATA and cut, but TA is dependent on bandit heading and bandit bearing. I would write up explanation of intercept geometry, as it’s much like BFM in that there is a core set of concepts I think many DCS pilots would benefit from understanding, but I am not physically up to it rn. I’ll send you a pm with a link or two.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

That just means that you are not picking him up for some other reason. Just because you see them on your datalink does not mean that you can see them on your radar. I have seen this many times in many different servers. You just have to make sure that you are getting the correct elevation scan, and any other factors that may mask him from you. I'm really not sure of the circumstances that you were fighting in.

Fighter heading effects ATA and cut, but TA is dependent on bandit heading and bandit bearing. I would write up explanation of intercept geometry, as it’s much like BFM in that there is a core set of concepts I think many DCS pilots would benefit from understanding, but I am not physically up to it rn. I’ll send you a pm with a link or two.

Correct.

For instance, as an example it you have a bandit that is on your nose with a Head aspect and you change your heading by 30 degrees - the bandit is still a head aspect. Now over time, if the bandit does not change its heading - the TA will eventually start changing.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB