game fails to lauch or repair

GIGA_HORSE

So, was trying to open the game today, it would fail to launch, so I tried to repair it and it gave me an error "Can't move E:\DCS World\_downloads\bin/DCS.exe to E:\DCS World\bin/DCS.exe: (225) Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software."

I don't have any mods installed, running on latest beta version, not sure what is going on.

autoupdate_log.txt

autoupdate_log_old.txt

• ED Team

Hi

The antivirus is creating the problem and most likely quarantined the files.

can you check and let me know.

You may need to exclude DCS or wait for your virus definitions to update, as it is a false positive.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i had the same issue just 10 minutes ago. Windows bit defender moved DCS.exe into quarantine.

I removed it from quarantine and now dcs starts again

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Hi

The antivirus is creating the problem and most likely quarantined the files.

can you check and let me know.

You may need to exclude DCS or wait for your virus definitions to update, as it is a false positive.

Thanks

I'm in the same situation, windows defender reports virus in dcs.exe

Threat detected:Behavior:Win32/CredentialAccess.A!ml

Edited by Fsea

• ED Team

It is a false positive

you can wait for your antivirus definitions to update or exclude DCS

You will need to run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users after.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2