F-16C worth grabbing yet?

What other F-16 are you talking about there? If you talking about the F-16 of another modern fighter sim and that the DCS F-16 shall be almost identical to that other sim F-16 then maybe you maybe haven't thought about the possibility that the other sim might be wrong in some aspects of their representation of the Viper and its systems.

Or in other words: The goal for the DCS F-16 is not to be comparable to another sims F-16.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What other F-16 are you talking about there? If you talking about the F-16 of another modern fighter sim and that the DCS F-16 shall be almost identical to that other sim F-16 then maybe you maybe haven't thought about the possibility that the other sim might be wrong in some aspects of their representation of the Viper and its systems.

Or in other words: The goal for the DCS F-16 is not to be comparable to another sims F-16.

I do hope it shall be comparable to the real F16 :)

jgVplRQ.png

I do hope it shall be comparable to the real F16 :)

That it shall be indeed and that's what ED wants to achieve by the end of this year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

the possibility that the other sim might be wrong in some aspects of their representation of the Viper and its systems.

Only such issue I am aware of of in the other sim is properly slaving the Rifles to the Sniper TGP.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Just wondering, since it's a work-in-progress. Does it at least have a reasonably functioning A2A radar and gunsight yet?

I have a TM Cougar HOTAS, fitted with Hall effect sensors and Leo Bodnar's USB control board, so the F-16 is the only module that my HOTAS is actually a realistic representation of! :)

Considering how expensive the module is I'm curious if it's really a barebones early-release with most of the stuff not working yet... In other words, how far along is it?

Thanx

AD

I do believe is worth it now. As of versions 2.5.6.44266, the Air to Air radar matches documentation of the time. Is it finish? No, it still need a lot of work, but it does have a "a reasonably functioning A2A radar and gunsight" If you would like to jump in and do all the 2007 USAF F-16C block 50 after CCIP could do, I would wait since it still needs most air to ground capabilities. The aircraft is usable and so far has had the best representation of the 2007 USAF F-16C block 50 after CCIP I have seen. Hope it gets better.

The other sim represents different F-16s and it is so mix up it is impossible to tell which version they are trying to represent. On every other F-16 Sim, cockpit gauges are all mix, so are capabilities, systems, etc.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Since the HUD dogfight symbology is still missing and HOTAS dogfight/MRM switch breaks lock the moment you touch it, I wouldn't call that "reasonably functioning A2A".

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

A2A BVR is not finished. The DLZ does not properly calculate Rpi and Rtr based on speed, altitude, aspect, etc. And you do not get a countdown timer to pitbull after firing an AIM-120, so you have to count in your head how long to hold your crank before going nose cold.

Simply put - almost nothing is ready yet. Most (if not all) of the existing systems are half baked at best. Moreover - there are a LOT of crucial systems missing and the progress is slow.

It's simply not fun to fly at the moment.

Honestly, if I could - I would get a refund and won't touch it until it will get much better in a year or two.

Simply put - almost nothing is ready yet. Most (if not all) of the existing systems are half baked at best. Moreover - there are a LOT of crucial systems missing and the progress is slow.

Honestly, if I could - I would get a refund and won't touch it until it will get much better in a year or two.

+1000 :thumbup:

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

Well, I have great fun flying the F-16 already, even on competitive multiplayer servers.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, I have great fun flying the F-16 already, even on competitive multiplayer servers.

I'm having fun on it too. I would say WVR dogfighting is the most complete in the module, relatively speaking. Radar gunsight works, and AIM-9X + HMCS works.

Aerial refueling is also complete as far as I can tell, and the F-16C fly by wire smooths things out for you a lot which makes it the easiest aircraft to refuel of the modules I own.

It's fun to just practice landings too. I had never used the bracket system on the HUD before, because I'm used to the AoA cues that the A-10C or F-15C give.

So yeah, there are things to practice while we wait for features to be added. I am actually fine with being forced to learn this jet in small chunks as they are released.