[REPORTED]AIM-120 Loft bug

Exorcet

The AMRAAM in the OB is not lofting correctly. It will only loft when flying north. Flying east (and perhaps west, not tested) it flies level. Flying south it dives under the target and tries to popup into it, failing miserably because of increased drag.

The missile also has a chance of flying around its target (see MagicAMRAAM track). This may be related to flying east as I've only seen it happen then.

Tracks:

Magic - flying east, misses target by pulling g to avoid it

Loft - flying north, loft and successful intercept

Antiloft - flying south, runs out of energy

MagicAMRAAM.trk

LoftAMRAAM.trk

AntiLoftAMRAAM.trk

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team

Thank you for report!

Bug is fixed. Will be in the next update.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Thanks Czizh!

Spartan: DCS has been around for many years before you apparently just discovered it last month. This bug is new, and it clearly is going to have a short life. Perhaps save your sanctimony for something else?

Thanks Czizh!

Spartan: DCS has been around for many years before you apparently just discovered it last month.

As well as the AMRAAM in DCS... and never figure it out to work properly:huh:

This is in fact a new bug...on top of older ones:smilewink:

Thank you for report!

Bug is fixed. Will be in the next update.

Thanks, good to know! :thumbup:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro