[REPORTED]Deployment campaign needs a polish up

During Mission 1 familiarisation flight, the Mi-24 lead exhibits strange behaviour, bobbing up and down passing over the forest near where the Mi-8 wreckage is noted. Also, flying dangerously low in places for no apparent reason. Several times I was expecting him to hit a tree.

Mission 2 after finishing the mission and arriving at the FARP, there was some shader glitch around the left hand HLS (as you approach from the correct direction using the T marker).

It might be that, with the age of this campaign, it needs a full play through by the dev team to tidy up other oddities/bugs.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I am having same problems. I had not played it for years, and was to part 8 in Deployment. Some of the enemy units are now deep in trees and stuff. I have edited that mission slightly myself. I hope to continue today, and that it does not break integrity checks.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

It might be that, with the age of this campaign, it needs a full play through by the dev team to tidy up other oddities/bugs.

In the mean time here is an unofficial version with quite a lot of the errors corrected (Still work in progress), I have forgotten where I was up to with them, the later missions I think still need work.

Feel free to try them out, DCS 2.5.6 maybe causing extra issues, as the were tested under 2.5.5.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=518&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=Maddog-IC&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Updated to point to fixes on DCS file site

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

In the mean time here is an unofficial version with quite a lot of the errors corrected (Still work in progress), I have forgotten where I was up to with them, the later missions I think still need work.

Feel free to try them out, DCS 2.5.6 maybe causing extra issues, as the were tested under 2.5.5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tkgtuv285oazf8/DCSW%20-%20KA-50%20Campaign%20-%20Deployment%20%28Patch%20to%20Game%29%20%28v2.5x%29.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian.

Thank you. Much appreciated! :)

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I'm getting a consistent crash on the 4th mission, fairly sure it's the 4th. After you destroy the 3 bunkers and the friendly AI is going to move forward and they tell you to help where you can. I get a crash every time when, I'm assuming, they start moving\pathing.

+1 I also gave up on mission 8, wingmen where crashing in the trees.

Enemy units covered in trees, very frustrating.

I hope ED will someday fix all the official campaigns.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Mission "Near Gundelen" me think it's 12th or 13th mission. First time was doing it troops started to attack as it shall be, but after failing it for first time ground troops do not move anymore, also 2x Mi24 disembark some SF but this SF just staying in a field. Can not continue compaign. Also in two three missions before had a problem to finish, as enemy single soldier was INSIDE the building, needed to activate cheats (markers I mean) to find what's going on.

Question: can you skip mission in compaign?

During Mission 1 familiarisation flight, the Mi-24 lead exhibits strange behaviour, bobbing up and down passing over the forest near where the Mi-8 wreckage is noted. Also, flying dangerously low in places for no apparent reason. Several times I was expecting him to hit a tree.

He's saying to you by radio, that you need to go as low as possible, coz bastards have manpads now, and flying extremely low gives them less time to aim at you.

As I know in Chechen war they been flying very strange paths, as, sadly as it sounds, real pilots could not replay mission after failing it, and they do everything to stay alive.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just started this campaign.

Mission one, and the Mi-24 smacks into a tree.

100% repeatable.

Can I surrender now?

This is MadDog's fixed campaign I'm using. I'm up to mission 4 and bug free so far. Looks like MadDog's been fixing this campaign since 1.5x in 2017. Modders doing work developers should be doing.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308753/

ED should remember campaigns are part of the game too. Making them work properly is important part of development. There are many other campaign issues for other modules as well.

This is MadDog's fixed campaign I'm using. I'm up to mission 4 and bug free so far. Looks like MadDog's been fixing this campaign since 1.5x in 2017. Modders doing work developers should be doing.

If you run into a problem with the campaign file or Mission 11 reporting that it is "File is Newer than editor and to load it at my own risk" and gives you the option to continue but locks up at the loading screen at 97% then please download the updated version uploaded today 22-07-2020 on the User files site.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

If you run into a problem with the campaign file or Mission 11 reporting that it is "File is Newer than editor and to load it at my own risk" and gives you the option to continue but locks up at the loading screen at 97% then please download the updated version uploaded today 22-07-2020 on the User files site.

Regards, Ian.

Thanks, was about to ask that. I haven't got to Mission 11 on campaign yet but I did get that message on your Single mission fixes. On Shooting Range mission I believe. Has it been fixed on those files too?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I did get that message on your Single mission fixes.

Has it been fixed on those files too?

Yes that issue is also corrected in the KA-50 Single missions set.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

• 2 months later...