Is Rikardo still around? Anyone know if there'll be a a texture mod for the new cockp

I love the sounds of the new Black Shark. And the cockpit probably works much better in VR, as I understand from people. But for me with a 4K monitor and TrackIR, and used to Rikardos Mod, I´m a bit underwhelmed. The texture are too clean for my taste. And too black-blobb-ish.

I always loved the Rikardo cockpits for KA-50, and I like them better than the new standard cockpit.

Is Rikardo still around? And does anyone know if he's still "working"?

ED is going to offer optional weathered cockpit textures for Black Shark 3.

And honestly, I can't see a valid reason to stick to BS2 once BS3 is out.

That being said, quality alternate cockpit textures would require a significant amount of work as PBR implementation in the current engine has its own requirements and a 3D artist (as talented as Ricardo) would have to handle materials definitions (to balance the surface materials (metal, paint, shiny, rough, plastics, etc.)), high resolution textures (more work), ideally source material (photos, reference videos, etc.) (even more work), and many hours spent without getting a dime back.

I didn't hear about Ricardo still being around but I would just like to point out that texture work is real hard work.

Ask Heatblur's artists about what they've gone through to achieve the wonder that's the Tomcat.

All that would also have to stay within the engine's limitations (more hard work and testing).

Maybe a great alternate textures set will surface but I won't be expecting too much and a drastic and far superior version.

Imho, ED's artists are already doing a great job.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I wouldn't mind a clean cockpit, but I do want blue panels. It makes gauges and switches stand out more , at least in vr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 2 weeks later...
I just want english labels, lol

Just enable the english cockpit under the KA 50 special tab, no need for a mod for this.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings