[NEED TRACK] EW system sometimes swaps contacts when in "offset" mode.

Sgt_Baker

While we're here, and speaking in terms of professional software development, "could not reproduce" is absolutely, in no uncertain terms, NOT synonymous with "bug doesn't exist".

I don't know about you lot, but my professional decorum is based entirely on finding and fixing the most evasive and elusive of bugs. Not for a second would I even consider telling the client that their bug report was somehow imaginary.

And if my software can pull imagery directly out of DCS's rendering engine, that should grant you an insight in to the "level" of software engineering at which I operate. A level at which one doesn't suffer fools gladly.

You can "waaaaah" all you like. The bug exists and it, given rather comprehensive descriptions thereof, is yours to find and squash.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• ED Team

If we can not reproduce we need to see a track with it happening.

It will help the team.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If we can not reproduce we need to see a track with it happening.

It will help the team.

Thanks

DCS tracks are non-deterministic - that is to say that every time you replay a track, DCS rolls different dice.

Asking again and again for the person whom paid £££ for software to bother themselves with recording a track is, in this instance, going to get you nowhere.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Lol. After all that ranting you still post no track or video?

I don’t think any of us has said the bug doesn’t exist. Just that we can’t replicate it on our end and that we’d like to see a track or a video showing it more clearly so it can be investigated. Yet you seem to take every post as a personal attack and reply accordingly. I think it may be you who needs to look in the mirror. Your attitude stinks tbh.

I find it very interesting how you talk about professionalism while also posting things like

“ People are paying £££ for this bullshit.”

Extremely professional of you lol.

I’d like to point out that all of us here in this thread have attempted to remain courteous and polite and help you get to the bottom of the problem so that it can get fixed. All of us here want to see this sim improved and bugs squashed. We are not your enemy.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

A level at which one doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Ironic, considering you're the fool that can't even post a bug report properly.

And btw, never heard of you or your little programme so you can drop the whole "I've been here helping all of DCS since 2014" as if you have done us all some sort of service.

Post a bug report properly like everyone else if you want something fixed and stop acting like a child with these ridiculous impulse posts, no one here owes you anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

While we're here, and speaking in terms of professional software development, "could not reproduce" is absolutely, in no uncertain terms, NOT synonymous with "bug doesn't exist".

I don't know about you lot, but my professional decorum is based entirely on finding and fixing the most evasive and elusive of bugs. Not for a second would I even consider telling the client that their bug report was somehow imaginary.

And if my software can pull imagery directly out of DCS's rendering engine, that should grant you an insight in to the "level" of software engineering at which I operate. A level at which one doesn't suffer fools gladly.

You can "waaaaah" all you like. The bug exists and it, given rather comprehensive descriptions thereof, is yours to find and squash.

Single picture with 2 arrows + infantile screeching = "comprehensive description" Sure thing... :doh:

As far as I can tell Sgt_baker, your 'professional decorum' :lol: Stems from hubris and a subtraction of self awareness. Do the maths...

It's funny, you imply that you're on a higher level with regard to software engineering, yet uploading a track file or the mission file is apparently beyond you... I don't know Sgt_baker, I'm getting some pretty mixed messages here...

If we can't reproduce it, how do you think we can help fix it? Abracadabra? Crystal Balls?

We can't fix a problem if we cant see the problem is on our end, I can't fix a light-bulb if to me the light-bulb is working properly. I'm not doubting that you are experiencing an issue, it seems to be bothering you a heck of a lot. But because nobody can reproduce it, we don't know what to fix...

Seriously, why is this so difficult?

The point is that after paying £££ it is somehow expected that bug reports be backed by "tracks and video" - the sort of thing that would be produced by a normal in-house QA team.

They can't produce a track or a video of this issue... if they can't reproduce the issue. If they can't reproduce the issue, all they'll have is tracks and videos of it working as intended... Kinda pointless don't you think?

That's why you're being asked to provide it, something that literally takes a matter of seconds to achieve...

Why do we request track files?

The most often and obvious reason is that we simply cannot reproduce the issue. This is particularly true for network issues, but it spans all levels of the simulation. A track file is the clearest way to demonstrate a problem that is reproducible. We can use the track file to run in the debug tool so we can repeat the issue exactly as the client experienced it. If we create the track file ourselves, we may leave out an important step. By posting a track file, other users often help identify user errors before we can.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2492539&postcount=1

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You'll run the same track multiple times and get a different outcome every time.

In most cases that's only true for long (i.e. +30 minutes), they'll also diverge when played in differing DCS versions.

An exception to this currently is the F-14B when using "Jester" but that is not a factor here.

DCS tracks are non-deterministic - that is to say that every time you replay a track, DCS rolls different dice.

DCS tracks do not "roll a different dice" when replayed, they include the RND seed used in the mission, so play back is similar though there may be differences in damage effects.

Comment

The testers/community have been unable to reproduce your bug, no one is denying what you have seen but we need your help to reproduce it hence - you've been asked to supply a short track.

Another alternative is a copy of the .miz or link to the MP server and a short video clip (NVIDIA's shadowplay can be setup with a 20 minute buffer to capture bugs after they occur).

If you can't afford the time/effort to help, the dev's will likely focus on other bugs/features that can be worked on efficiently, until a better/more detailed report is submitted (not out of spite but out of practicality).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Hi all

Unless you have something to add to the report it self please do not comment.

I want to try and get this bug reported, I have tried to reproduce but have been unable.

Thank you to those who have tried.

If anyone has a track replay showing the issue please post it.

Thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see the great use for offset feature in Sgt. Baker's scenario. He was flying around in SP mode, using his RWR's offset to get more detail on the threats and... that's about it. In SP mode he was out of the decision making loop.

Even in TOO, he would not be able to get the feedback on his RWR which target was selected. On the HARM display he couldn't see the same spike separation. So, I would just select and hand-off all 4 HARM's stepping through the entire cluster which most likely includes more then 4:smilewink:. That's the way things work in this build.

On a side note, if I'm using offset on RWR and turn, it seems like RWR freezes up for a long time and after the roll out I have to switch back to "Normal" display to put the spikes on the proper azimuth.