DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

This thread is for the discussion of update patch notes only.

No wishlist items, or bug reports here please.

Stay on Topic, off topic posts will be deleted.

Patch status sticky can be found here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Archived previous thread can be found here

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

Our plan is to patch today 19/03/2020, tests permitting, and we will of course post the patch notes when we are ready.

Thank you.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

:) lets keep this on topic for patch notes, thank you

Hi all

Our plan is to patch today 18/03/2020, tests permitting, and we will of course post the patch notes when we are ready.

Thank you.

this is this week in your opinion? it's literally three scrolls up from your question

Hi all

Our plan is to patch today 18/03/2020, tests permitting, and we will of course post the patch notes when we are ready.

Thank you.

Nice!...thanks! :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team

Hi all

I am sorry the team have found some last minute issues in the release candidate for open beta and we are postponing until tomorrow 19/03/2020

Thank you for you patience and support.

Hi all

I am sorry the team have found some last minute issues in the release candidate for open beta and we are postponing until tomorrow 19/03/2020

Thanks for the info, better to make sure everything works! Looking forward to the update tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

Yes, please take your time and make sure this is 100% stable and the Multiplayer ID and FPS issues are fixed.

Hi all

NBD. Do you know if the VR performance issues we've been experiencing in 2.5.6 have been resolved?

• ED Team
NBD. Do you know if the VR performance issues we've been experiencing in 2.5.6 have been resolved?

Things should start to get better, we have resolved some of the memory leak issues, but we will be doing more optimising as 2.5.6 evolves.

thanks

Hi all

Thanks for the update. Take all the time you need, guys, don't rush it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yes, please take your time and make sure this is 100% stable and the Multiplayer ID and FPS issues are fixed.

Open beta is not for 100% stable release, if you encounter a bug after a open beta release please post a track and explain what the issue is. the quicker you understand this the less people have to explain what the purpose of a open beta is for.

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Open beta is not for 100% stable release, if you encounter a bug after a open beta release please post a track and explain what the issue is. the quicker you understand this the less people have to explain what the purpose of a open beta is for.

Amen :worthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think most of us serious pilots will be happy to wait a day or 2 more for better results.

I'm interested in knowing some of the details (in layman terms) of what the cause was for the performance drop. This was actually what I was looking for yesterday when I posted the topic about a status update. As per the use, it seems alot of people have misunderstood my questions and intent of posting a thread.

Was it mainly a memory leak? Or something caused by bad cpu allocation?

Just curious to know what caused such an uproar.

Side note, i'm finally gonna be adding the one elusive fighter I dont have... the M2000! I waited since xmas for that one.

Edited by Fang333333

So it'll be an absolute bare minimum of 3 months (probably will be more) for an update to stable...

Is there any reason some of the less problematic changes/fixes couldn't be tested for stability and then bundled into a stable release...

IE: Fixes to 3rd party DLC etc?

Airbag_signatur.png

NBD.

Non Birectional Deacon?

Things should start to get better, we have resolved some of the memory leak issues, but we will be doing more optimising as 2.5.6 evolves.

thanks

To be fair, that doesn't sound too optimistic yet, hooves crossed. But nevertheless take your time to get things right. It's like one with the flu. Let him rest 3 weeks instead of one before he gets back to work or he will be down again immediately.

I think most of us serious pilots will be happy to wait a day or 2 more for better results.

I'm interested in knowing some of the details (in layman terms) of what the cause was for the performance drop. This was actually what I was looking for yesterday when I posted the topic about a status update. As per the use, it seems alot of people have misunderstood my questions and intent of posting a thread.

Was it mainly a memory leak? Or something caused by bad cpu allocation?

Just curious to know what caused such an uproar.

I guess I was one of those... would be interested as well. I highly doubt that memory leak issues alone will drop frames down from 45 to single digit. Well, I once said I was in the 20-22 range and then one up later at 30. That was on an almost empty map with literally no additional assets at the airport... Although the stutters occuring at the same time when having some V up probably could very much be related to this.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hi all

Better to hold it than to rush it out. No worries :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team

To be fair, that doesn't sound too optimistic yet, hooves crossed. But nevertheless take your time to get things right. It's like one with the flu. Let him rest 3 weeks instead of one before he gets back to work or he will be down again immediately.

I guess I was one of those... would be interested as well. I highly doubt that memory leak issues alone will drop frames down from 45 to single digit. Well, I once said I was in the 20-22 range and then one up later at 30. That was on an almost empty map with literally no additional assets at the airport... Although the stutters occuring at the same time when having some V up probably could very much be related to this.

Best to wait for the patch and then take a look, we have been working on other fps issues also.

thanks

That argument is completely invalid. I expect bugs but not straight up game breaking issues that render most of the game unplayable. ED push all enw modules in the OB branch, new aircraft fetures are pushed on OB, 99% if MP servers run OB. This should be beta and not alpha.

But whatever, offtopic.

That argument is completely invalid. I expect bugs but not straight up game breaking issues that render most of the game unplayable. ED push all enw modules in the OB branch, new aircraft fetures are pushed on OB, 99% if MP servers run OB. This should be beta and not alpha.

But whatever, offtopic.

Glad you won't listen and still only believe what you think the game is. ED are listening and welcome ur suggestion but the fact remains your incorrect and not sure what part you don't really understand.

"We operate two versions of DCS World, the Open Beta version and the Release version. Because DCS World is a "living" project that changes daily, it's possible for a project-wide bug to work itself in and make the game unplayable for all. To prevent this and add a level of protection, we adopted Open Beta and Release versions."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Read for yourself if your not willing to listen to others i guess.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

But whatever, offtopic.

+1

However we have been instructed to not speculate on what we think Beta is or should be....

Ours is not to question why, but only to install and stutter while we fly.

That being said I am sure the pressure is on at ED right now with the promised EA of the Supercarrier due in days and 2.5.6 being the pretty nightmare it has been.

We were not told the patch was coming today, so them delaying until tomorrow is really not a big deal.

I just can't wait to be able to do some traps again.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]